chapter 5

Not long after breakfast, she was out the door and to the store.
I got up and looked to see her car go out of sight. As soon as it did, i put my shoes on and ran to the forest again. I went straight to the spot Vic was at yesterday, but he wasn't there. I slouched back onto the tree trunk and pouted.

Not to long after, i heard sticks crunch. I snapped my head upwards and saw Vic walking my way. I smiled and waved happily.
He made his way over and sat next to me. "Hey Kellin. How are you today?" he sounded a bit sad.
"I'm fine. What's wrong. Please tell me, you can trust me.." i said, worried.
He sighed and fell back onto the trunk. "I don't know, a long time ago i told my mom that i want to marry a boy when i grow up. She told my dad and now they both act like they hate me. I didn't see anything wrong with it though."
I immediately turned sad.
"But i wanna marry a boy too! Boys are cuter than girls. But i never told my mom. I didn't know she would get mad..."
Vic looked at me and smiled.
"Did i make you feel better Vic?"
"Yeah. Thanks Kellin"
And that's how things went for the next couple of years. I would sneak out when i could, and go to meet Vic at our spot. We became best friends in no time.