Chapter Six: The Subconscious Can Lie, Right?

Reed

"You're home early. Or late, I should say. It's nine in the morning."

I rolled my eyes at Matt as I walked by him. As he so unnecessarily reminded me, it was way too fucking early, especially considering it was a Sunday. Why was he even awake? I expected to still find him sleeping, especially because he was at that party last night too.

"Where'd you end up crashing last night?" Matt asked, actually following me into the bedroom. "I saw you leave the party, but you weren't here when I got home."

I didn't need him reminding me of that either. "None of your fucking business."

"Really? 'Cause Annabel stopped by here. Actually you just missed her. So I know you didn't stay by her."

Annabel. Why was I still dating her? "I think I'm going to break up with her," I admitted as I climbed into my bed. This is where I was going to stay for the rest of the day, away from anything that might make me regret my actions. I'd do it eventually. But not today.

"You realize Kyle is still taken, right? So breaking up with Annabel won't get you him."

I thought about throwing my pillow at Matt, but then I'd have to go get it. Instead, I flipped him off. "Go the fuck away."

He put his hands up in surrender. "Don't worry. I was on my way out anyway. See ya."

I didn't bother to respond as he left and I heard the door close behind him. Finally. Some peace and quiet.

I rolled over in bed, trying to go to sleep, but for some reason, I couldn't get comfortable. It was almost like something was missing.

Or someone.

I shot straight up as I remembered how I slept last night. Why hadn't I remembered that part of the night before now?

Jesus. What was wrong with me? I asked another guy to sleep in the same bed as me. Why the fuck would I do that? I wasn't gay. I didn't like him like that.

And he didn't even say anything this morning. Probably because he wasn't gay and it was just as awkward for him. Yeah. That's got to be it.

Sighing, I fell back into bed. It's fine. We'll both forget about it and that would be that.

~

I woke up some time later with a massive hard-on. I couldn't remember what I had been dreaming about, but I know it was hot. I hadn't had sex in so long. I just needed this release.

Dipping my hand into my pants, I grabbed my erection and started pumping myself up and down. I moaned, throwing my head back into my pillows out of the sheer pleasure I was giving myself.

I was getting close to my climax when his face popped into my mind.

Kyle.

Immediately, I stopped and climbed out of bed. I wasn't gay. I couldn't just jack off to the thought of Kyle. That was just wrong. It was gross.

But even as I paced back and forth across the bedroom, the image of him running his tongue down my shaft was making me harder.

If I was actually going to jack off, it wasn't going to be him that I would think about. I tried picturing Annabel, but she's always refused to give me head. And I've never really felt particularly attracted to her to begin with. Instead, I pictured that hot girl at the cafe.

Except as soon as I tried to think of her, Quincy was there, looking up at me with those striking blue eyes and that shy little smile and his blond hair that was just long enough for him to tuck behind his ears.