Chapter 25 "A Simple Melody"

Time Skip- Five Months

"We are finally adults. Cheers to adulthood." Zay said as he raised his can of beer. The others raised theirs and clicked the cans together, gulping down the liquid afterwards.

Everyone except Drew who was sulking in the corner.

"Drew, cheer up. It wasn't that bad." I said trying to soothe him.

"Wasn't that bad?! Are you talking about the fall or the amount of people who saw me fall?" Drew suddenly screeched. I grimaced and took a step back.

"The amount of people..? You hit the ground pretty hard. Are you sure you don't have a concussion?" I asked which only made the situation worse for Drew, that is.

Our group of friends burst out laughing and Drew further slunk into a pit of despair. "Oh my god, that was hilarious. Did you see the way he fell, though?!" Zay said through snickers.

"Guys, that's enough. He might be seriously hurt." I admit I tried to help but it was futile.

"That wasn't a regular fall either. It was one of those tuck n' roll falls. He just kept rolling down the stairs." Zay said and they burst into a fit of giggles.

Justin finally spoke up after getting his few laughs. "Guys, Destiny is right. This could have been an scarring experience for him. I mean, he fell at graduation in front of a bunch of people. That's humiliating enough for anybody." Drew spasmed at Justin's words and I was worried for a moment that he was having seizure.

Izzy got up to hug Drew, cooing loudly. He pushed her away and turned away from the group. "None of you guys are my friends anymore."

"Aww." They chorused out.

The doorbell rung and I went to get it. I opened the door and smiled. "Hey, Cam. Come in."

He gave me a hug and pulled back. "Well, look at us. All grown up and shit."

I laughed and looped my arm through his. "Well, at least, we all grown up and shit together."

We paraded into the living room and everyone stopped to look at us. "Well, look at who decided to arrive." Zay said smirking.

"Cameron, please come save me!!!" Drew yelled as he charged us.

"Are they teasing you about your big fall? That was pretty funny." Cameron teased and we watched as Drew tripped and fell again, curling in on himself.

They started laughing and I shook my head. "Come on, get up. You are a damn mess."

I helped Drew up and he clung onto me. "Destiny is only nice to me. I'm going to marry her."

I laughed, feeling my face heat up slightly. "Yeah, whatever. Just come on."

I sat on the floor and Drew laid in-between my legs, slouching slightly so he could lay his head on me. Justin stared down Cameron as he sat beside me and leaned his head on my shoulder, smirking.

"What am I, a cushion?" I remarked at my new company.

Izzy threw him a can and he caught it one handedly. "Yep."

"That's nice to know." I muttered.

I poked at Drew's cheek and grinned when he squirmed. He slapped my hand away and I decided to find new entertainment with his hair. "Braid my hair."

I looked down at him. "That's going to be, at least, $15. Twenty, if you want it to be painless."

He clicked his tongue. "I only have ten on me."