Chapter 13 "Never Been Better"

Anxiety bubbled in my veins and I tried to scoot past the numerous bodies in the hallway. I bit my lip as I looked around, searching for Justin's familiar face. I got pushed and I stumbled off to the side, glaring at the persons back.

A hand landed on my shoulder and I jumped. "Are you okay?"

"Jus- Oh..." I felt my body deflate as I realized it was just Cameron.

He laughed and stepped back. "What's with that reaction? I thought you would be happy to see me."

"I am," I said quickly, still looking around. "Have you seen Justin?"

He grimaced. "No, why the hell would I know where he is?"

"I didn't think you would and be of some help but I guess I was wrong." I turned away from him and he pulled me back.

"Calm down, okay? I'm sure whatever you're trying to do can wait." I stared at him for a moment before I let out a breath.

"You're right. It can wait." He smiled and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Atta girl." I elbowed him in his stomach and he groaned.

"Don't push it, asshole." The words had no bite in them but I still glared at him.

He weakly straightened up and placed a hand over his stomach. "You should take up boxing or something." He wheezed.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment. Thank you." I finally took in my surroundings and realized that the hallways were empty. My eyes widened and Cameron raised an eyebrow at me.

"We're late!!!" Before he could react, I was sprinting down the hallway towards my homeroom.

I opened the door to the classroom and immediately regretted my life decisions. Every single head in the room turned to me and I swallowed nervously. "Sorry, I'm late, Mrs. Adam."

The students started snickering and I lowered my gaze in embarrassment. Mrs. Adam made her way in front of me and furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. "Mind telling me why you're late?"

I opened my mouth but another student answered for me. "She was too busy throwing herself onto Cameron to notice the bell rung. Oh, by the way, where is he?" Her malicious smirk curved its way up her face and I glared at her.

"Well, Destiny, where is he?" Mrs. Adam asked.

"He's-" The door opened and Cameron walked in behind me.

I smiled challengingly at the student over my teachers shoulder. "There he is."

The girl sneered at me and turned back to her desk. I turned my attention back to my teacher and sent her an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry for disturbing your class. I promise it won't happen again." I said softly.

She nodded and gestured to our seats. "Sit down."

"Suck up." Was whispered harshly in my direction but I ignored it.

I quickly sat down with Cameron on my heels and pulled out my notebook. Cameron took it from me and opened it to a fresh page.

I'm surprised you didn't snatch the bitch out of her seat and teach her a lesson

I rolled my eyes and took it from him.

'Teach her a lesson?' You mean, beat her ass? And no unwanted attention, remember?

He smirked and grabbed his pen.

You already did get unwanted attention. Those girls have been watching you like a hawk since they knew I hang out with you.