24. Home To Mama

'Cause I take you home to mama
Let you meet my friends
'Cause you don't come with drama
So I want you til' the world ends...
- Justin Bieber

Brie's POV

"You look tense." I informed Justin.

We were seated in a closed off area of the quiet restaurant that Justin had chosen for this important night. I was really looking forward to meeting his parents, but extremely nervous about him meeting my own parents. He even managed to get both his parents to come even though they aren't exactly a couple.

"I'm just thinking." He rubbed the back of his neck and stared aimlessly ahead at the wall.

I reached over and rubbed his shoulder in hope of easing the tension he held there.

Justin had been quiet ever since the ride back from the mall earlier. I could tell that the whole thing with the Paparazzi had really bugged him and he didn't seem to want to discuss it which, if I'm being honest, disappointed me as I hoped that we were on the road to getting better at talking things out instead of holding them in until one of us exploded.

"Babe." I hooked my arm round him and gently attempted to pull him towards me. He didn't resist me and allowed me to peck his cheek.

"I'm good, I promise." He turned his head to give me a forced smile.

I chose not to probe him further regardless of the fact that I didn't believe he was 'good' in any way, shape or form.

My parents were the first to arrive.

Although they had divorced when I was young, my Mom and Dad still remained on quite good terms and had made the journey to the restaurant together in my Dad's car. My Mom approached the table ahead of my Dad with a smile already planted on her lips. I got up to greet her, as did Justin, and she pulled me into a hug the second she got close enough.

"Love the dress." She said as she stepped back to inspect me. "Looks great."

"Thanks, ma." I grinned. My Mom had always been the one who had influenced my love of fashion. Her clothing style was a lot more demure than mine, even in the pictures I'd seen of her from when she was my age, but she could always appreciate a good outfit.

"And who is this handsome young man?" My Mom's attention was turned to Justin who she greeted enthusiastically.

"Hello, baby bird." My Dad has strolled up and greeted me with one of his many embarrassing nicknames for me.

"Ugh, Dad!" I smiled and embraced him. "No nicknames tonight, please."

"Why not?"

"Because they are embarrassing." I explained.

"No they're not, my little chicken wing." He cooed.

From looking at my Dad you would never expect him to say these kind of things and torture me with nicknames he had for me. My Dad was super tall, taller than anybody I'd met in my life. He used to be really fit but in the last five years he'd gotten out of shape. He was of a dark complexion and had dark brown eyes and dark hair that was flecked with grey strands.

"Lemme get that nose." He said playfully and pinched my nose. I swatted his hand away and immediately felt the heat rise up in my face. He waved his hand around in my face and managed to pinch my nose twice more before I threatened to disown him.

"Must you be so humiliating?" I rubbed my nose. Thankfully my Mother was still entertaining Justin so he'd missed the whole thing.

"It's what I'm here for." My Dad faked seriousness. "It's what fathers do."