4. Up to You

I'm not gonna be the one to mess this up
Cause I done effed up in love before,
I'ma be the one to take a back seat girl,
We can take our time and
you can run this.....
- Chris Brown

Aubrey's POV

My date night with Justin was finally here. I leant against the doorframe of my bedroom and watched Cassie in a panicked frenzy as if the date tonight with Justin was hers.

My normally tidy room was buried under nearly every item of clothing I owned, and that was a lot, with Cassie in the middle of it all looking like a tornado. Cassie was rifling through my wardrobe and throwing everything out as she tried to help me piece together an outfit.

"No way, I'm wearing that, looks slutty!" I commented furrowing my eyebrows as she held up a tiny backless dress.

This was literally an ordeal. I was strangely calm about the imposing date but growing frustrated as the pile of clothes and shoes all over my bedroom got bigger and my closet got emptier but still with no outfit picked.

"Well where is he taking you? Is it a dress up or dress down occasion?" She asked with her back to me while she picked and dismissed a few more pieces.

"It's a restaurant so dress up, I guess, but nothing too much" I shrugged.

"Define 'too much'?" She had picked up a one-sleeved body-con dress and was eyeing it as if it was an option.

"That, Cassie, that's too much."

I had always found that picking an outfit for myself was so much more difficult than dressing anyone else. I was so over critical when it came to myself, like I expected more from me than I ever would from somebody else. I had learnt to be extremely aware of my strengths and my weaknesses, so that nobody else could ever make me second guess my judgement.

Cassie and I spent the next half hour going back and forth over clothes until we finally settled on pink fitted skirt paired with a black off the shoulder crop top, a gold bangle on each hand and black strappy heels. Of course I couldn't forget to spray my body in my favorite Marc Jacobs perfume.

"Are you nervous?" She asked as she stood in the bathroom with me as I applied curl cream through my freshly washed curly hair. I had dyed it a reddish brown earlier because the highlights were drying out my ends.

"I wasn't before, but now I'm terrified." I admitted.

"Of what though, Brie?" She spoke as if I wasn't going to spend the evening with the object of thousands of girls' fantasies.

"That he won't like me, that I won't like him, I'm worried that he'll try and kiss me, I'm worried that he won't..."

"You don't want him to kiss you?" She asked gobsmacked.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her in the reflection of our huge bathroom mirror. "It's the first date. I have rules, you know."

"Fuck rules, it's Justin Bieber!"

"Fuck, Justin Bieber. There are rules!" I responded. "No kissing on the first date. " She let out a loud 'Ha!' which I ignored.

"We'll see!" she chimed, winking at me as she turned to exit the bathroom. "Just try to keep it down with him tonight; I need a good night's sleep!" She laughed and ran out even faster as I threw my brush at her.

-----
Justin's POV

Aubrey was definitely nervous, I could tell by the way she fidgeted. I fought the urge to smile as I watched her pull at the hem of her skirt and mess with her hair every five seconds, I think me telling her how beautiful she looked made it even worse; every time I gave her a compliment her cheeks flushed a pinkish color.