ten

Alyssa POV

Two days have past since I've told Carl that I like him. Whenever I text him he only answers at night. Which is really strange because he's never at his house when I'm there. Debbie invited me to go to the pool with her around 1ish. Debbie and I hang out all the time since we're on summer break, I didn't tell her about Carl yet.

12:30pm

I picked out a pink bikini and shorts to wear and a towel. I put my hair in a pony tail that went down a little past my shoulders. I opened my phone to text Debbie that I'm on my way but got distracted by the message from Carl

Carl: hey I miss you, come to my place @ 10 ;)

Oh Carl, what could you be up to now?

I let Debbie know I'm headed towards her house.

to carl: ok sounds good :) everything alright?

ding

carl: yeah everything is perfect just don't be late

to Carl: I won't, see you later

There's something going on with him and I need to find out.

1pm

Debbie and I were walking side by side to the pool. She was telling me about how she wants to have a baby with Derek but she doesn't know how he would react if she told him.

"Wait, you've already had sex?" I asked

"Well, not yet but I want to. I asked Fiona if I could go on the pill and she said she'd take me to the clinic" Debbie said happily.

"I think you should talk to him to make sure he's okay with it" I advise her.

We settle our stuff down on two beach chairs. The sun was scorching hot which reminded me to put on some sunscreen.

"Hey Debbie, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure what's up?"

"Have you heard from Carl lately?"

"No, he barley comes home. I sometimes hear him at night. Why? Is he hurt again?"

"I don't think so. I haven't seen him either and it's making me worry."

"Don't, it's Carl. He always returns home." She reassures me "Also I would have thought he would have been with you since you guys are like a thing now"

"What? He said we're a thing?" I say surprised.

"Nah I caught you guys kissing the other night"

"Oh sorry" I blush

"It's fine. I like you two together"

"Thanks deb"

___________________________

9:30 pm

After the pool I went home to get ready for Carl. I changed into a light pink cropped top and high waisted shorts. I finished getting ready early so I went back to his house to see Debbie.

9:45pm

From Carl: are you seriously with Debbie again?

Damn how does this boy know everything? Is he here?

To Carl:  how do you know I'm here?

From Carl: it's my house and I saw you walk in through the back door.

To Carl: where are you?

From Carl: nice try. I'll see you @ 10 ;)

He's so annoying and hot at the same time ugh

"Debbie your brother is annoying" I said as I walked into her room. Debbie turned her head to me.

"Why what did he do now?"

"He texted me saying why am I here again since we have plans at 10.  I told him I was here to see you again then I asked where he was."

"He's home?!" Debbie perks up excitedly

"That's what he said but he won't tell me where he is"

"Gosh he is annoying" She then hesitates to say "Wait you two have plans?"

"Yeah, sorry I forgot to tel-" I got cut off by my phone ringing.

It was Carl and it was 9:59

"Sorry debs I gotta go" I rush out the door.

"Okay have fun" she teases me

___________________________________

hey everyone i decided to end this chapter with a cliffhanger oops. I was gonna write a long chapter but I wanted to wait till next chapter. Also thank you guys for 1K views!! that's awesome :) glad to see people like my story, anyway keep voting & commenting   -xoxox angie