three

alyssa;

"Oh shit sorry" Carl quickly covered his eyes.

"Carl you could of knocked!" I shouted at him while turning around to put my top on.

"I know I wasn't thinking sorry." God he's such an idiot.

I'm really hoping he didn't see anything because I barely know him. I mean I do find him very attractive but I would like to get to know him better, I just met Carl this morning.

"I didn't see anything I promise" He tells me.

"You sure about that?"

"Yes I'm positive" he reassures.

I nodded my head and walked out of the bathroom and into Debbie's room.

I decided not to tell them what happened with Carl and just forget it ever happened.

"Hey Alyssa we're getting in the pool hurry up!!" Debbie shouted from downstairs

"Alright I'm coming." I grabbed my towel and headed down the stairs and outside.

"Is the water warm?" I ask

"Yeah it's perfect." Melanie answers back.

I climb up the ladder and gradually slide into the warm water. I lean on the back of the pool wall and felt little waves crash my torso. It was quite soothing.

After hours of swimming around Debbie and Derek were being all flirty and the next thing you know they were making out.

"Get a room!" I shout at them

I don't mind being around the two of them but when they start doing those things I don't feel like being a third wheel. Makes everything awkward. I've never been in a relationship before so I wouldn't know what it's like to have someone always give me affection.

"Sorry" Derek chuckles and brings Debbie inside so they can continue.

Melanie and I grin at each other like we both know what that leads to.

"I'm getting kind of tired, I'm going to bed" Melanie hops out and runs inside.

I sigh and go back to swimming around the pool. I looked up at the sky and started thinking about my life and my friends. I started to remember when I first moved here and was so scared to start a new life. But when I met the Gallagher's things changed. Debbie and I instantly became best friends and when she introduced me to her family I realized that the Gallagher's have a real struggle. Maybe being in this neighbor hood wasn't such a bad thing cause after meeting them, I felt like I already fit in.

Carl;

I flipped though the channels on the tv and found nothing good to watch. I lay back on the couch and throw my head in the air. Ever since I meet Alyssa this morning , I just can't seem to get her out of my head; her long beautiful brown hair, her blue greenish eyes, her voice, and oh god her smile. I know I've never seen her smile before but I bet it's beautiful.

Usually when I see a girl, she leaves my mind after a few hours. But there's something about Alyssa that makes me interested in her. I'd do anything to be her friend. But I'm over thinking this too much. God why do girls have to be so complicated.

I heard a weird sound coming from the kitchen. Maybe it's Alyssa. I slowly walked toward the kitchen but it was just Melanie getting a glass of water.