Betrayed

Request by @SillyRainbowKitty
Mark's head spun. He was currently at a cafe, dressed in a trenchcoat and ridiculously large sunglasses, and he had no idea why. Well, some idea. He peeked over the top of his menu at a couple sitting in the middle of the warm restaurant. No he wasn't spying, he was- was studying people for his non-existent art class. And it just so happened that two of those people ended up being his roommate, Felix, and Felix's boyfriend. Unintentionally, of course it was unintentional, Mark ended up staring at Jack, Felix's date and the new Irish exchange student at his college. As Mark watched, Felix said something that made the Irishman laugh. Jack looked so pretty at that moment, smile spread across his face, eyes sparkling, green hair flying. Mark shook his head. He mentally berated himself for thinking that about his roommate's boyfriend.

"Are you ready to order sir?" A perky waitress appeared at Mark's elbow.

"Ah-" Mark panicked as he realized he'd been sitting without ordering anything for 10 minutes. "Can I have a coffee? One milk, no sugar?"

"Sure thing! I'll be right back." Although she had a smile on, the waitress was obviously pissed at him. Mark resumed his spying- ahem, observation on Felix and Jack when she walked away. Jack was now gone, he probably went to the men's room, and Felix was staring right at him. Mark froze. Abort mission! Abort mission! Operation spy on my roommate and his ridiculously cute boyfriend going down in flames! He was about to leave when Felix raised a hand and waved him over. It was too late to back out now. Mark slowly walked over to join his roommate.

"Mark! What are you doing here? And what are you wearing? It's, like, 70 degrees outside," Felix greeted his friend happily.

"Oh, um, I'm here-"

"Well who's this?" A loud brash voice interrupted Mark, preventing him from faking his way through an excuse.

"I'm Mark," he said at the same time Felix said, "This is Mark, my roommate." An awkward pause followed. Then Jack said a joke for all his life, Mark couldn't remember. He only knew he laughed and suddenly everything was okay. And everything was okay for the next 10 minutes before he and Felix walked back to their dorm, dropping Jack off at his own room.

"So dude, why were you there honestly?" As he flopped down onto the couch, Felix turned to Mark for an answer. Mark peeled the stuffy trench coat from his body and tossed  his sunglasses aside.

"Man, it was hot outside!" He gasp before dropping down next to Felix.

"Don't change the subject." The blonde gamer sang. He focused on turning the TV on and setting up their Xbox. Mark fiddled with a Xbox controller.

"....I was studying people for an art class," he mumbled. Felix snorted.

"Despite the fact that you don't take an art class? Ookay then. If you don't want to tell me then I get the blue remote!" The steely tone previously behind Felix's voice had disappeared. He now playfully plucked the blue controller from Mark's hands and shoved him in the shoulder.
"Aww come on! The green one's rigged!" Mark was complaining, but secretly he was relived his friend dropped the subject.

"Well too bad for you," Felix laughed, "Loser has to wash the dishes tonight!"
~~~~
It wasn't until a week later that Mark continued his stalking of Felix and his boyfriend, but he was more careful about it and wasn't caught again. A month passed by before Jack showed up one day, tears shining in his eyes, at the dorm room door.
~~~~
A persistent knocking- no, pounding, rang through out the small dorm room.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Mark yelled out groggily. Although it was 3:00 in the afternoon, he had been sleeping. Hey, it was Saturday, he did what he wanted. He pulled the door open to receive a slap to the face. A thick accent roared.

"You cheating BAST-oh M-mark it's you." Mark almost slapped the person back, but stopped when he saw who was there.

"Jack? What are you doing here?" The Irishman was red in the face and tears streamed down his cheeks. "Are you alright? What happened? Did someone hurt you? I'll beat them up if they did!" Jack offered a small smile at the last comment.

"That's kind of ya, Mark, but you're probably more hurt then me. I'm so sorry!" He paused to snuffle a bit, "Is Felix here?" Mark shook his head.

"No, he said he was going out somewhere with some friends a hour ago." He watched the expression on Jack's face morph into something, indescribable.

Mark continued, "But you can stay until he comes back. It sounds like you really need to talk to him about it. Here." Without even asking permission, Mark swept his arms under Jack and carried his bridal style inside.
Gently laying him down in the couch, he asked "What happened that made Felix deserve the slap?" Face crestfallen, Jack sighed.

"I think it's better if I showed you." He pulled his phone from his pocket and tapped a couple times.

"Here," he said, shoving it roughly at Mark before bursting into tears again. On the screen was Felix at a party-making out with not Jack? It was another boy. Despite being a college student, the guy had a beard and a bear hat? The two looked like they were really going at it.

"I'm sure he was drunk or something," Mark comforted Jack. "You're too cute for someone to cheat on you." He began patted the sobbing boy on the back.

"Swipe to the right," managed Jack through his tears. Mark did and saw, another picture. It was of Felix and that boy again. At a party again. Making out. Again. Mark swiped right again. There were at least seven pictures of the pair. Seven different parties. They weren't all of the two kissing, some of them were pretty innocent like Felix and the bearded boy holding hands, but the affection was pretty clear between them. Oh Felix what did you do? Mark shoved a hand through his hair then offered a another tissue to the curled up ball of tears. It was the most he could do in this situation.

"Thank ye, Mark," Jack snuffled.

"Do you really think I'm cute?" He asked while blowing his nose. Mark felt his face heat up.

"Erm-" Jack didn't even allow time for Mark to respond before leaning over kissing him straight in the lips. Make froze. Oh my god, what'shappeningJack'skissingmebutheshouldn'tbehe'sFelix'sboyfriendbutthisfeelsreallygoodhelpwhatdoIdo? Mark's internal thoughts fought back and forth, but before he could respond, Jack pulled away.

"You didn't like it?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"Oh no it was great and I would love to do it again it's just you're dating-, someone, and I can't do that to them since they're my friend." Mark took Jack's face in his hands.

"Besides, you're emotionally compromised. You aren't thinking straight."

The Irishman pushed himself away. "No! I know I want to do this!" He gazed into Mark's eyes. "Please. Felix is out probably snogging whoever that fucker is. He won't be back until tomorrow morning." Jack was right. For the past week, Felix had been staying out really late. And the urge in his stomach was getting hard to resist.

"If you really want to," Mark mumbled. He grasped Jack's hand in his. It fit perfectly in Mark's hand, like it was meant to be. Maybe this is meant to be, though Mark as he leaned in to kiss Jack again, and again, and again, and once more, until suddenly it was morning and Mark was blinking his half-asleep eyes open. Warning bells rang off in his head when he realized Jack was lying next to him, in his bed. Mark sighed when he saw they were both dressed. His relief was short lived though as memories flooded into his brain.

"Top o' the morning to ya," Jack mumbled sleepily. Mark jumped as he realized the Irishman was awake too.
He sat up abruptly. What if Jack regret what he did last night? Mark didn't want to think of it but it was a possibility.

"No, don't go, Mark," whispered Jack, moving around to hug him tightly around the waist. A thrill shot through Mark, not only because Jack wanted him to stay, but also because Jack had said his name. Not Felix, or anyone else, his name. Mark. A smile replaced the worried gaze on his face. In that moment he knew, as long as Jack was willing to stay by his side, everything would be fine.
~~~~~~~
Sorry it's so late @SillyRainbowKitty! I've been trying to think of a good proper ending for it, but everything I put down seems too cheesy. Ug.

One last thing: How many of you have Pokemon Go? I downloaded it the first day it came out and omg it wastes so much battery life. So worth it tho.
GO MYSTIC!