School

When Mark had first heard the words "exchange student", he hadn't really paid attention, but when the object of those words walked into the classroom, he couldn't have been more alert. Damn, that boy was cute! He even had a slight Irish accent, which Mark thought made him all the more adorable. The only problem was that many other members of the female population also thought so too. As soon as class ended, two-thirds of the girls in his class crowded around the him, like vultures around a carcass. Mark decided to wait until he got a chance to talk to Sean by himself, instead of diving into the horde. Fortunately, he didn't have to wait long. His opportunity came during lunch when he saw Sean standing confused in the middle of the hallway. Quickly, before anyone else could grab him, Mark walked up to Sean and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hi, my name's Mark. I couldn't help but notice that you looked like you needed help." His stomach did a flip when a small smile appeared on Sean's face.
"Hi, I'm Sean, but you can call me Jack. I'm er.. sort of lost. Do you know where the cafeteria is?"
"Yeah, I'm going there right now, come with me." Taking a risk, he reached out and grabbed the Sean-no, Jack's hand. When Jack didn't pull away, Mark turned to face him.
"How's you get the nickname Jack?"
"Well it's a long story. The shortened version is that someone misheard my name as Jack and I never corrected them because," he paused and cocked his head, "Actually, I don't know why I never corrected him. Anyways, I finally told him he was getting my name wrong a month later, but by then he was too used to calling me Jack, so the name stuck. Surprisingly, he thought my nickname was Sean, which was why everyone called my that."
As Jack finished his narrative, Mark turned another corner, leading them both to the large cafeteria doors. Mark pushed open the door and confidently stood through.
As he searched for his friends, he heard Jack whisper, "Hey, Mark, why are they all staring at us?"
Confused, Mark looked around and saw what the Irishman was saying was true. What did I do-oh.
With a smirk, he lifted their still entwined hands and replied, "Maybe because of this." Jack blushed, but Mark noticed with a thrill that he didn't try to pull away. After a moment of awkward silence, Mark brought up his free hand and gave the rest of the room a well-placed middle finger. He smiled and turned back towards Jack.
"Come on, the lunch line's this way."