Ice Cream

"That'll be two dollars and seventy five cents."
Sean handed two ice cream cones to the couple inform of him and tugged at his uniform collar. He was beginning to regret accepting the job offer at the ice cream parlor. At the time it had seemed like a good choice, he loved sweets (especially cake) and needed the money. Now after spending 5 hours standing still in a room without air-conditioning and cleaning up after half a dozen sticky-handed kids, the job didn't seem so fun. His uniform didn't even fit him. It was too tight and the name tag sown onto it said 'Jack'. How anyone was able to mishear Sean as Jack, was a question yet to be answered. As he watched the couple walk away, he felt a sharp twist of envy in his stomach. He knew he had no chance at ever having a relationship. The last time he'd dated was in high school, and it was with a male none the less. The soft ding-a-ling of the bell above the door, shook Sean from his thoughts. He looked up and his mouth dropped open. Standing there was an hunky, slightly-asian looking, man. His dark brown hair stuck up in a million different directions, like he just got out of bed, and his eyes were a deep chocolate color with a mischievous twinkle in the corner. While Sean silently ogled him, the man scratched the back of his head and muttered something to himself.
Oh shit, he's heading towards me.
Sean quickly snapped his mouth shut and pretended to be busy poking buttons on the cash register.
"Excuse me? Do you know how to get to Java Jones? I'm supposed to meet a friend there."
Holy cow, that voice is gorgeous.
He heard a deep laugh ring out. Sean winced.
Crap, did I just say that out loud.
As he tried to stutter out an excuse, the man cut him off.
"Don't worry. I've had a lot of people say that to me." A smirk spread across the man's face as he said, "But I've never had a guy tell me that."
Sean could feel his cheeks grow warm.
"Umm....YouwanteddirectionstoJavaJonesright?" He took a deep breath. "Make a right, go down the block, and it should be on your left."
"Hey, hey, don't change the subject." The man shook his finger. "You know what, can I get a cone with two scoops of chocolate?"
Sean stared at incredulously at the dark-haired fellow.
"What? I'm in an ice cream shop with a cute cashier guy, might as well get something. I've got cash." The man waved around his money.
The said 'cute cashier guy' rolled his eyes and turned toward the giant tubs of ice cream in the back of the room. He could feel the other man's eyes staring at his behind.
God damn it, the one time the shop isn't packed with people, I'm stuck with this guy.
"So, you like chocolate? I prefer strawberry shortcake," attempted Sean. He turned around and handed the man his ice cream. "That'll be one fifty."
"Thanks...," The man glanced down, "...Jack."
"What?" Realization hit Sean. "Oh, yeah, my name tag's wrong. My name's Sean."
"Mine's Mark. Nice to meet you." He handed Sean a five dollar bill. "Well, I've gotta go. Can't keep my friends waiting forever." Mark took a lick from his ice cream and waved. "Keep the change!"
When Sean opened his hand, he saw a slip of paper rolled up inside the bill. Looking closer, he saw a number written on the paper, and a "call me ;)". A goofy smile spread across his face and for the rest of day, it remained there.
~
I finally posted the 1st chapter! Three cheers for me! Okay, self-appreciation rant over. You can continue now.