Sleepless buddies

Two hundred nine sheep, two hundred ten sheep, two hundred eleven sheep. Mark groaned and shoved his face into his pillow. Why couldn't he fall asleep? He was usually good with instantly going unconscious once his head hit his pillow, but tonight, his body refused to go to bed. As he lay, face firmly planted in fluff, he heard the quiet speak of the guest room door. Quiet footsteps began padding down the hallway. Must be Jack, Mark thought, getting some water, and continued to count sheep. When the footsteps didn't stop after three hundred fifty, Mark got up. He walked into the hallway, finding Jack pacing back and forth.
"Hey," he croaked, "What'cha doing?"
Jack jumped at the noise. He gave a nervous little laugh.
"Didn't know you were up, sorry for disturbing ya"
"Mmm," Mark nodded and rubbed his eyes, "so why you pacing like the devil's after you?"
"Jet lag. I just can't sleep," Jack admitted.
Later, Mark would wonder if he was half-asleep or just crazy when he responded.
"Well, pacing around isn't going to help you sleep. Why don't you stay in my room so we can talk or something til' you feel like you can get some shut-eye."
"I-i couldn't do that!" Jack stammered. His cheeks darkened at just the thought of it. "You need to sleep too! And besides we're both guys..." he trailed off, looking down at his feet. Mark cocked his head.
"I don't mind."
"F-for the not sleeping thing or the guy thing?"
"Both." Seeing that his friend was still reluctant, Mark reached out a hand.
"Come on," he smirked, "I promise I don't have any dead bodies hanging on my walls," Jack finally gave in. He grabbed Mark's outstretched hand and allowed his friend to pull him into his room. True to Mark's word, there were no dead rotting corpses, or posters either. The walls were surprisingly clear of merchandise. Clothes lay scattered around the room, the corner of a pant leg poked out from under a desk. Once both people were in the room, Mark let go of Jack's hand and collapsed onto his bed. He pat the area next to him.
"Come tell papa all your problems," he said. A large yawn escaped from Jack as he flopped down next to Mark. He curled up into a ball, which Mark honestly thought was adorable.
"Hey Mark," Jack whispered, his voice slightly muffled, "do you ever miss Cincinnati?"
"All the time."
"Well I miss Ireland. I know it's only been three days, but I miss it, I miss the sound of raindrops hitting my window as I go to sleep, I miss the distant rumble of thunder, I miss my house, I miss my bed. No offense to your own house, Mark, but it's just not the same. And after my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday, I just need something familiar," Jack's voice broke off and he stared out into the distance. Unsure of what to do, Mark reached an arm out and pulled Jack closer, giving him an awkward laying down hug. He rested his head atop Jack's head, both arms curled around the Irishman's small frame.
"If I could make it rain for you, I would," he whispered, but the only response he got was a small snore. He smiled when he realized Jack had fallen asleep. Gently, he grabbed a nearby blanket and lay it over the both of them. Closing his own eyes, Mark fell asleep with the warmth of another in his arms.
~~~~~~
I'm back from two months of nothing! Yay! Hopefully you guys still remember me (;-;) don't worry tho the next one will come out soon (hopefully).
Snookums out!