S E T H · 0 2

E D I T E D : J U L Y  2 9 ,  2 0 1 7

•°•°•

There's something about the girl with the pretty green eyes.

I don't know what it is, but there's something. She's so quiet and at first she wouldn't even talk to me. She seems kind of....lonely.

"Seth, honey, there's someone downstairs for you," my mom says, smiling at me.

"Who is it?" I ask, getting off my bed and putting on a t-shirt after setting down the soccer ball I was holding.

Mom just winks and leaves my room, leaving me to figure it out. I groan, as I hear her laugh float down the hallway.

I walk down the stairs, bare foot, the soft carpet comforting as always. I look around, immediately spotting Stephanie on the couch.

She's dressed in her usual clothes, which includes a mini skirt, heels, and a tight shirt. "Hey Seth," She purrs, obviously trying to be seductive.

She sounds like a dying cat in my opinion, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Yes, Stephanie?" I sigh.

"Do I have to have a reason to come to my boyfriend's house?" She asks.

"I'm not your boyfriend," I remind her, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yes you are! Remember when you asked me?"

"Back in seventh grade? Yeah. But then I ended it in sophomore year," I tell her.

"Fortunately for you, I'm going out overlook this...rash decision of yours. I'll leave you to think about it," Stephanie says, walking towards the front door.

"We're not dating!" I call after her, but she slams the door without a reply.

I walk into the kitchen, finding Mom was making her famous brownies. "Is the she devil gone?"

I laugh. "Yes, Mom, she's gone."

"Why do you even date her? She has no substance, and is rude. Remember when she turned down one of my cookies?"

"Yeah, too many carbs," I snort. "But I'm not dating her. I used to, but not now. She's just one of those clingy ex girlfriends, you know?"

"Used to have one of those. He was a dude though, so don't get me wrong. I don't exactly swing that way. Not that I have anything against-" she rambles, until I cut her off.

"I get it, Mom," I assure her, laughing.

"Why we're you home late today? I forgot to ask earlier." Mom finishes mixing the batter, then pours it into the pan.

I dip my finger in it, earning a slap to the hand. "Ouch. Anyways, I was dropping a girl off at her house."

My mom groan. "Was it another Stephanie?"

"No, Mom, she was not a Stephanie." I chuckle. "I talked to her at lunch, and at first she didn't even want to talk to me."

"Ooh, I want to meet her. If she doesn't want to talk to you, she's my new best friend."

"Mom. Please." She holds her hands up in surrender as I continue talking. "She was walking home, and you know how cold it is outside, right? Well I saw her walking, so I offered her a ride. She refused it quite a few times, but finally she said yes, but claimed it she just didn't want to walk."

Mom's eyes sparkle. "I still like her," she says. "Do we have a name?"

I roll my eyes. "Right. Her name's Emery."