*160*

"Joe, I thought we decided if we would try for another baby you wouldn't have to travel and leave us anymore, or for at least a while," I huffed into the phone.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's only for the night. I'll be home tomorrow evening, baby," Joe hummed.

Joe was called away for some sort of business or whatever with Caspar and Oli for the night.

"Okay," I groaned, "Well, the kids want to talk and say goodnight," I yawned into the phone.

"Okay, I'm sorry baby, this won't happen again, okay?"

"Okay," I nodded.

I handed the phone to Noelle first, who was sat with me on my bed. Noah was cuddled up with me and looked as if he was about to fall asleep?

"Hi Dad!" Noelle smiled into the phone.

"Hi darling. Sorry I had to be out again tonight. I'll maybe see you tomorrow night if you're not asleep already, okay?" I could hear Joe on the other end.

"Okay, are you having fun?"

"I'd rather be at home, but yeah," Joe smiled, "But it's late, so goodnight darling, I love you very much."

"I love you too! Goodnight!"

"Okay, pass the phone to Noah now, yeah?"

"Okay, love you!" Noelle said, handing the phone to Noah.

"Hi Dad," Noah mumbled into the phone.

I could barely hear Joe and anyway Noelle was talking to me, so I didn't hear what he said, but I'm assuming it was about the same as he said to Noelle.

"Love you too, bye bye," Noah said.

He lifted the phone back up to me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi baby, alright, I'll let you guys get some sleep. How are you feeling though? How's the baby?"

"Everything's fine and the usual," I smiled, "No worries. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, goodnight," I said before we hung up.

"Mummy, can we sleep with you tonight?" Noah asked sleepily.

"Yeah, alright, but you need to get into your pyjamas first," I smiled.

"Okay," They whined jokingly.

They crawled out of bed and went to go change and I got up and changed and washed my face before they got back.

I made sure the doors were locked and everything was good for the night before we went to bed.

"Come on, let's get to bed," I smiled as they both were getting under the covers.

I opened my laptop and put on YouTube to one of Joe's videos that they like to watch whenever he's not home. I just put on a playlist of his videos and they eventually fell asleep.

Once the kids fell asleep, I closed the laptop and went on my phone for a bit before also falling asleep.

°

Waking up in the morning, I felt the usual lurch in my stomach as I got up and threw up, accidentally waking up Noelle in the process.

"Mummy?! Are you okay?!" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah, it's just the baby," I nodded, "Don't worry, go back to bed darling," I nodded.

"Is the baby okay?!" She asked.