Flashback: Written Prayers

Start bij het begin

-----

I must've fell asleep because I woke up to my roommate's voice.

"Kenya." She said lightly tapping me.

I woke up.

"Odell's at the door."

"What?"

"Odell's at the door. So the rumors are true about you guys dating?" She said confused.

"No, Grace." I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"You wasted two good tickets." He said semi mad.

"I told you I had things to do."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't know why I even came over here." He shook his head and walked away.

I sighed and rolled my eyes super hard. I went after him. I followed him to his car.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but I needed to study. On top of that football is not my thing, but I do appreciate the gesture."

"Whatever." He opened his car door.

"Why are you so mad tho? It's not even like we're friends. I barely know you."

"Trust me, I'm not tripping." He said big mad.

"That's your problem you're so used to getting everything you want you think every nigga is supposed to bow to you and it doesn't work like that. Newsflash, you aren't that important." I walked off.

He slammed his car door and drove off.

Odell POV-

"So proud of you baby for not only pulling your grades up, but showing up on the field. I knew you could do both." My mother said over FaceTime.

"Thanks." I laid my head down on my pillow.

"Why aren't you out with Juice and your team celebrating your win?"

"I'm just tired."

"You look tired."

"You trying to say I'm ugly?" I smirked.

"No boy."

"I'm joking Ma." I laughed.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I sighed as my face turned serious. "Nothing just tired." I lied.

"Boy, don't lie to me."

"I'm not." I laughed. "That's it."

"Well I'll let you rest then. Love you."

"Love you more." We kissed the phone.

"Oh have you been writing your goals?"

"No I forgot."

"Odell, you can't forget that. I did that in college when I went to LSU, and almost everything I wanted happened. Their like written prayers. Everything you want, you write down and watch it happen. You hear me?"

"Yeah ma."

"Aight get you some rest."

"Aight."  I hung up.

I scrolled through my phone and looked at a screenshot I had took.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I had saw this photo on her friend's Instagram. It was an old birthday post, he posted on her birthday.

I stared at it and the more I looked at it, the more beautiful she became to me. Come to think of it, everything about her was beautiful, which is why I'm up here sulking she didn't come to game as opposed to going out with my friends.

She had qualities I hadn't seen in other girls. She brought more to the table than looks. She was funny, sarcastic, smart and unafraid of me. To say the least, she wasn't girlfriend material, she was wife material.

And I guess that doesn't come easy. She was right. I was used to things coming to me easy, especially women. And because I was trying everything I knew possible to get her. To at least get to know her better and she repeatedly rejected me, it was making me frustrated.

I had ran out of ways. I tried being funny. Tried inviting her out. Gave her tickets to the game and absolutely   nothing was sticking.

I decided to just give up. If we were meant to be friends, we would be. I wouldn't force it.

I got my notebook I had used for tutoring  and decided to write spend the rest of my night writing down my goals.

11/5

Dear God,

I can dream my wildest dream and you can out do it. So I'm writing my dreams down and ask that you out do them.

1. Win a NCAA championship
2. Win a Heisman Trophy
3. Be a first round top ten pick in the NFL.
4. Be able to take care of my fam. Pay them back for the sacrifices they made.

5. Make an impact in the NFL so I can be in the HOF

6. Get married and have a family with a girl with K's qualities

I closed my notebook. Hopefully one day, some if not all of these came true.