" I have to admit something, last night would have never happened unless my boyfriend hadn't cheated on me and I wanted to make him feel bad for what he did because he thought I was like a saint" she said with an apologetic look on her face and I was relived and I nodded.

" Cool, I wouldn't have done it either but I needed to get my mind off of this girl who's giving me mixed signals" I smiled and we laughed as we walked out, it felt good to forget for a while, to get a break from my own mind. I checked my phone and Evelyn had sent me a text, I looked at it and groaned when I saw it. She had stopped by to say good bye because she would fly to New York to meet some friends of hers but she saw light and I sounded like I was preparing for my role so she didn't want to bother me. I felt bad because if I wasn't stuck with the idea that she's incapable of feeling anything some days it would have never happened and I could have spent time with her. Somehow, deep within me, she didn't catch me rehearsing my words, and she was going to go through with her idea of giving up her eggs.

 I continued my day but I kept waiting for that phone call or text, maybe I should be the one to text first, she has been trying after all and all I'm doing is sleep with other girls. I decided to call Britt all over again for advice and she took some time to answer and I was about to hung up when she answered and told me she's coming over when I asked, then I waited for her, I could stay up all night if I wanted because tomorrow was Sunday and we don't work on Sundays.

" Hey, you look like shit" she said when she saw me and I let her in she sat on the bed across from me and sighed deeply.

" Yeah, I need advice, again" I said, feeling guilty. She nodded but I had a feeling she knew what I was going to say. I began narrating the story and she groaned and averted my gaze.

" I'll come clean but don't say a word, Evelyn came over last night and she was a mess. I tried asking her why but she kept mumbling the verses of a song that Halsey has sung, it's called is there somewhere. Do you want to know how heartbreaking the lyrics are?" she asked and I was sure she was furious at me but she never yelled at people.

" Now I know why she's like that, Dylan, could you be any more reckless? She was nearly drunk last night and she was talking about how she would be better off dead or in New York and I convinced her to go to New York and take some time off of what had upset her" she said and I was sure she was just beginning.

" So, I basically convinced her to take some time off of you" she had never yelled at me but she was yelling now and I felt twice as bad, she  closed her eyes and then she took a deep breath.

" What happened to you? Where's the sweet caring guy that I liked? Where's the guy who was shy and was prepared to go the end of the world for someone he cared about?" she asked and then she stopped herself and gathered her stuff and walked to the door.

" But you obviously don't care about her, Dylan, face it, you couldn't care less about what happened to her, you have created an illusion because you need to feel loved. You should tell her though before your illusion wrecks her so bad that she's beyond repair" she said and she left, I felt terrible. I took a warm shower to relive the tension and I ended up crying. I got out of the shower and aside from sad I felt drained of all the energy I had. I picked up my phone with shaking hands and I dialled Evelyn's number. I did love her, it was not an illusion.

 It went to voice mail after a few minutes and I sighed as I sat on the bed and decided to call Tyler because he's the only person in the world who doesn't judge me.

" Look, Dylan, you're a great guy and if she can't look past a mistake it's her problem not yours don't stress over it, I'm sure she will get over it sooner or later" he said patting my back after I talked to him for half an hour and I ended up shedding a few more tears, probably the last ones I will ever shed for my entire life, I felt drained and dehydrated. Around 4 am Tyler had to leave unless he wanted to fall asleep on the way back. I tried calling Evelyn one more time and decided to go out and look at the stars, it was very quiet. Well, of course it's quiet, everyone's asleep. I sat down when I decided I was far away from all source of light and I looked up. I thought how Evelyn fell asleep inside a house which was under the same sky, the same night, the same stars.