CHAPTER 7

I walked with Tyler in Evelyn's house all over again and I still felt like I was under dressed for this but I took deep breath and I kept walking, We heard the faint sound of music and we followed and found Evelyn sitting with Chris in the living room. She heard the door open and she smiled at us but turned her attention to Chris the second we sat down.

" No, I don't think cooking is for girl Chris. Like think about it, it includes knives , fire and dead things how is that for girls?" she asked with a smile of victory in her lips and Chris sighed and smiled at us. It was a pretty warm day so all the windows were closed and the AC was on so it felt nice to cool my body down.

" Hey how are you?" Evelyn smiled after taking a sip from her drink and I nodded.

" I'm good I don't know about Tyler" I said and nodded as well.

" Never been better" he smiled and she took another sip from her drink, it seemed like some sort of juice but I wasn't sure. She looked better than before and today I felt an excessive desire to kiss her. She was wearing jean shorts and a white shirt that seemed to be made of clouds the sleeves were rolled up and from the way she had it on, it was her shirt. Her hair were caught in a tight bun and she was wearing black socks that reached up to her ankles. She was siting on the same couch with Chris but they were very far for each other and between them there was a book.

" Do you guys think cooking if for girls?" she asked looking at us and I sighed.

" Well, all I know is that guys sometimes cook better than girls so I guess it's not" Tyler said and I nodded and she smiled, an old woman came in and she smiled at us.

" Since it's your birthday do you want something special?" she asked and she sighed and nodded.

" Yeah, we have all agreed that cooking isn't for girls or women in general" she said and the lady frowned.

" So, we must stand up to the people who try convince us of something else" she said looking at Chris who smiled to his feet.

" Let a man cook for you girl" she said smiling and I didn't think that she would be nice to them, I mean she was nice to the people but I don't know.

" Whatever you say" she laughed and left, Evelyn threw her head back and giggled.

" So, how old are you going to be?" Tyler asked the question that has been on my mind since this morning. She sighed looking at her feet and then to her book, it made me nervous and I took a deep breath and held it for a moment.

" Have you ever heard of a law they once enforced where some kids would skip an entire school year in elementary school, that happened to me too and I'm 18 today because I graduated when I was 17 but the school I went to had a different class for us so I was with people close to my age for quite some time" she explained and I nodded, Chris nodded as well but I was sure he knew it. It felt weird because she told me she quit smoking when she was 17 so she stopped in senior year and the worst of all is that I have been making out with a minor two months ago. But how did she put herself inside since she's not a legal adult yet? The amount of questions that were going through my mind made my stomach churn and I wasn't sure if I felt bad for being lied to or angry or sad, I sighed and looked at her book, it seemed interesting for it's cover.

" I should go take a shower" Chris said getting up and soon we were alone with Evelyn who looked embarrassed and she started to say something until Tyler spoke up.

" Can I use the bathroom please?" he asked and she nodded and told him where it is, so it was me and Evelyn I missed being alone with her and she smiled at me. She got up and sat sat right next to me, she was cold unlike me.