Ch•20- Your Little Stark

A/N: Last chapter! I can't believe it! How did we even get here? Jessi was just a little idea in the back of my mind, and now it's a full story. Thank you for your fun and kind comments, seeing you guys enjoying and getting into the story makes me so happy. Jessi is relatable, comical, intelligent, and valiant, but she still holds onto her youthfulness. That's the most fun to write about, a witty child being thrown into the super hero adults. Kind of like Spider-man with the Avengers. These two characters are similar in some ways. Maybe they'll meet in future stories.

                                       ***

I sat on the roof of the house, my feet were dangling off the edge. Below, the dark waves crashed against the rocky ledge. The sound echoed around our Malibu estate. It reminded me of the explosions all over the city during the battle. Every hit against the rock sent a new flash back into my mind. I almost cringed at the thought.

The moon shined down on the earth, bathing me in the white light. Stars twinkled in the sky, they expanded over the horizon of the sparkling water. Wind swept along the waves and traveled up the side of the rock cliff, hitting me with dull force.

My hair blew back behind my ears. My palms were pressed to the roof and I leaned back on them. It was maybe one in the morning right now. Last night, I had a bad dream, or is it technically tonight? Anyway, a few hours ago let's say, I had a nightmare and I couldn't fall back asleep so I came here.

I found this spot a few days after we returned from New York. All you need to do is crawl up a tree, jump from the tree to the top of a wall, and then hope you don't die when you tightrope down the wall and stepped across a three foot space to the roof. And getting down is a whole different story that I don't feel like explaining right now.

I sighed, staring at the silver fish jumping one by one from the black water. I thought about my Friends. They are heroes, Gods, and Spies. They came out of nowhere, some from extremely far places. Now they're gone.

I miss them.

I haven't seen Nat is weeks, Thor is back at his home. Steve drove off to D.C I think, or maybe Brooklyn. Dad is downstairs asleep, so he's not far. Clint is somewhere, he said something about a farm? I don't remember now. Banner is still in New York, I think he's set up on our Tower. I wish they were all with me now.

The Avengers gave the world hope, and gave me hope as well. People are rejoicing in the streets all over the planet. They have shown the world wonders that none of us knew existed. We now know that we aren't alone in this universe. There is so much out there just beyond the Horizon.

And I know, whatever comes to us in the future, the Avengers will be here, waiting. They will come across the waters, mighty saviors in their soaring jets. Gods and Galleons, Iron Heroes, Agents, and American Patriots.
And they will save us.

"So, this is where you disappear to" I heard a voice speak form behind me. I didn't need to turn around because I already knew who it was. He sat down beside me, nudging my arm "Shouldn't you be in bed? What are you doing up here?"

"Thinking"

"Thinking about what?"

"Stuff"

"What kind of stuff?"

I smiled, keeping my eyes on the water. Dad sat down beside me, propping an elbow on his raised knee. We haven't had one of these Father-Daughter moments in awhile. Ever since New York, he's basically locked himself in his Work Shop.

"Them..." I answered slowly. Dad nodded, understanding who I was talking about "Do you think we'll ever see them again? Thor? Cap? The rest?"

"Well kid" Dad took a deep breath and smirked at me "Nobody who has a brain could possibly stay away from you for long"

I chuckled, bringing my knees up to my chest "Very true" I was starting to get tired "I'm not that much though"

"You saved the world kid. You shut down the portal"

"Well technically Nat was the one who stopped it, I helped-"

"Do you want recognition for saving the world or not Jes?" he smiled, rolling his brown eyes slightly.

I shook my head and played with the necklace that was roped around my neck "I don't need recognition" I glanced to my father and then stared back out to sea "being the author of the book is better than being the star, right?"

"Not in my book" Dad said sarcastically.

"I see what you did there"

We both sat there together, enjoying the silence. Nothing but the sound of wind and water could be heard. My eyes were starting to droop. I've never been much of a night person.

"Hey Jes" Dad swung his arms over my shoulder, pressing a light kiss to my forehead "Promise me that you won't ever grow up, okay?"

I laughed drowsily, leaning my head against his shoulder. He can struggle sometimes. He isn't the perfect parent. No one really is. That's okay though, I don't need perfect. He's all I need "Don't worry Dad" I felt sleep take over my body as I finished my sentence
"I'll always be Your Little Stark" 😄

A/N: See what I did there?