Ch•2-Vacation's Over

a/n: thank you all again for checking the story out! i appreciate it so much :)

      I watched intently as the back hatch of the plane slowly lowered to the ground. Two men stood in the open cargo hold of the airplane. One of them was helping the other stand up out of a wheel chair. Wind swept around the Air Force base, blowing my brunette hair around my eyes. Dark shadows cast over the men, so I could barely see what they looked like. I know one of them already though, Colonel Rhodes.

      When we first discovered that there was Stark blood in my veins after a blood test, Rhodey flew over to Washington to meet and escort me to Malibu, along with Agent Coulson.

       Rhodey nodded to me kindly while he held on to Tony's arm. Tony didn't look like a joyful man in all honesty. The glare that I could feel burning into my soul gave me a strange feeling. In that moment, he looked a little beat up, his hair was a mess, cuts and bruises littered his face, and his left arm was held in a sling. At least he wore a nice suit. I bit my top lip nervously, praying that he's nicer than he appears.

      Pepper, who has been super sweet to me these past few weeks, has brought me here today to introduce me to him. If you ask me, it's a bad time. I mean, he had just gotten back home from being held by terrorist.

    "What is this? Get rid of it" Tony ordered, waving off a stretcher that was waiting for him at the bottom of the platform. Rhodey and him stepped down on to the ground in front of us.

      The 2 men holding the stretcher quickly rolled it away and out of sight. Now that he was closer to me, I could really see what he looked like. He had tanned skin, frown lines on his cheeks, dark brunette hair that displayed across his dark brown eyes that seemed to pierce your soul when he looked at you, and he had a slightly rounded jaw.

      His goatee was styled (or it was at some point, he's been a prisoner so it didn't look as good as it usually would). Tony didn't even seemed to notice me as he strolled casually up to Pepper Potts. I eyed him skeptically from around Pepper's frame.

    "Your eyes are red, a few tears for your long lost boss?" He didn't look happy, or sad, or even emotional when he spoke to his assistant. Tony just had a bored, almost dull expression.

     Pepper chuckled, dropping her red, puffy face to the ground. She bit her bottom lip and then looked back up at her boss, smiling slightly "Tears of joy, I hate job hunting" she replied sarcastically.

      I folded my arms across my chest, looking back and forth between the two. Does he see me now? Am I really that invisible? I feel as if I've been sprayed by that invisible spray bottle that Patrick and SpongeBob bought from the magic store in that one episode. It was just playing on Nickelodeon not too long ago.