Ch•6- What are we gonna do?

I adjusted the irritating book bag strap on my shoulder

     I adjusted the irritating book bag strap on my shoulder. The clock on the top of the school building chimed 9'Oclock. Pepper had dropped me off at school for the first time. Tony insisted that I go to school as soon as possible. Of course he just wanted to get me out of the house so I wouldn't bother him. I can't tell if he likes me or not.

    New faces walked past me up to the new school building, public school, ugh. I watched Pepper disappear behind the building in her silver car. I just wanted to be back at the house, not here. It's not fun being the new kid in school, at least that's what the movies say. Speaking of movies, guess who came to the house last night? Will Smith! Yes, the Will Smith. Who knew that Tony was friends with Will Smith. As I was busy thinking about the Fresh Prince, a random kid accidentally bumped in to me and kept walking "watch it" he snapped, giving me an angry glare.
I scowled, crossing my arms over my chest. This was going to be a long day.

                                    ***

     After getting my room number, I quickly walked to my class, avoiding all these Malibu kids. I'm from Virginia, where things are Low-key. Am I now considered a rich kid or something? 5th graders are wearing eye liner, can you believe it? I've never worn makeup in my life. Except for costumes and stuff like that on Halloween.

I casually walked through the front door and to the teacher. She gave me a kind smile and shook my hand warmly She told me to have a seat in the front. Great. Now everyone will see me. The teacher, who's name was Mrs. Paltrow stood at her podium in the front of the classroom. She lifted up the paper on the podium and started the roll call.

"Evan Christofer?"

"Here"

"Scarlett Jonathan?"

"Here"

"Roberto Diney?"

"Here"

The teacher called roll and the students answered 'Here' in reply. Then she got to me after finishing all the other names.

"Jessi Star-..." She had to read my name for a few moments before looking up from her clipboard to me "Stark?" Her eyes scanned me. A hand made purple sweater, stitched together by my Mother, dark skinny jeans with a small little rip in the knee and sketchers. I didn't really look like Tony Starks daughter.

"Y-Yes ma'am" I clasped my hands together awkwardly. Some of the kids turned to look at me in surprise.

"You're the weapon-maker guys daughter?" The boy who bumped into me outside hissed under his breath. I nodded slowly, feeling blood rush to my cheeks. This is embarrassing.

***

"Welcome Home, Miss Stark"
Jarvis welcomed me from my treacherous day of school "How was school?"

I shrugged, tossing my bag down on the white couch "Well, all my teachers freaked out that I was Tony Starks daughter and didn't leave me alone the whole time. Kids came up to me and asked me questions that I didn't know that answer to... so, it was okay... I guess" I hesitated, not knowing how to talk to a computer AI that I couldn't see. Pepper explained to me that he's a computer that's wired around the house "Where's Tony?"

"Down stairs in his workshop ma'am, although I wouldn't recommend going down there, he strictly told me not to let you down there"

"I'm not going down there" I rubbed the back of my head "I'm just going to the steps at a... descending angle" I didn't wait for his response, I skipped to the stairs and started my decent. I heard Tony's faint voice coming from down there. He seemed to be ordering someone around.

"Okay, let's do this right. Start mark, half a metre, and back and centre. Dummy, look alive. you're on standby for fire safety. You, roll it. Okay" Tony was talking to his little robot people in his workshop. He had metal looking gloves on his hands and feet. He stood on a mat in the middle of the workshop near the cars. I could see from behind the glass of the glass wall that separates me from the workshop "Activate hand controls. We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if 10% thrust capacity achieves lift. And three, two, one" the boots flared to life, dimming the lights of the room for a split second. My mouth dropped. He was trying to fly!

Tony was launched up into the ceiling as rapid as lightning. He slammed right in to the ceiling at full force, and fell to the floor with a thud. One of the robotic arms sprayed him with the fire extinguisher.

I covered my lips with my hand to stifle a laugh. That was the funniest thing I've seen all day. Flying? More like falling with NO style. He laid on his back completely exhausted from the suit test fail. The machine who he refers to as 'Dummy' finished dousing him with the fire extinguisher.

"Get lost Jessi!" He yelled out from the floor. I've been caught.

I stopped laughing and ran up the stairs to the living room. He didn't sound like he was mad at me, he sounded annoyed. I continued to giggle as I skipped up to my room which I have come to love. The bright color made it look like the sky was in my room. Pepper had boughten me some glow in the dark stars to put on my ceiling to make it look like the constellation were in my room. She spelt my name out right above my bed with the stars. It was totally awesome. On my purple bed was a white tiger stuffed animal with a lily in its paw, she sat against the pillow. I sat down on the edge of the bed, cuddling the little animal in my arms. My Mom gave it to me for my 4th birthday. It's little icy blue eyes looked at me, like it was a real person "What are we gonna do?" I asked the Tiger, it just kept looking at me with its plastic eyes "Yeah. I don't know either"

A/N : sorry this chapter wasn't the longest, but things will pick up from here! Thank you for reading, love you all <3