Ch•19- End Credit Scene

Before the Avengers went their separate ways.

     I sat in the rusty seat, smelling nothing but the rotting walls around me. This restaurant was nothing like the ones that Dad, Pepper and I usually eat at.

     Our places are five star, and it seems like that waiters only know about fine dining and breathing. But here, the staff at the Shawarma joint brushed the dusty floors with already dirty brooms and wiped down the sticky tables with aged cleaner.

     I sat beside Steve who was at the head of the table and he was looking bored. He had barely touched his food. Thor was next to me and he was chowing down like there was no tomorrow. Dad wiped his hands on a disposable napkin and just looked quietly around the table.

     Doctor Banner was at the other side of the table across from Steve, he had his plate right up to his chest so he wouldn't spill any of his food. Clint and Nat sat at the side of the table, they were just looking at each other with bored expressions. This place wasn't as good as we all hoped. Also, we were just too exhausted by the freaking ALIEN INVASION that took place less than a day ago.

    I picked at the beef that was wrapped in the burrito. A half glass of Coke that was a little watered down sat next to my plate.

     Steve looked like he was about to fall asleep. He still had his red, white and blue uniform on! The staff of the joint didn't seem to notice our presence even though seven of the most famous people in the world sat right in front of them. I continued to rake my fork around in the shawarma, not feeling very hungry.

     But a light smirk was spread across my lips. This whole family dinner date was extremely awkward, so awkward that it was funny.
I mean, let's be honest, what family doesn't have awkward moments?