Chapter 4

Cate's p.o.v.

"Get up, it's time for school." My mother said in a stern tone.

I immediately got up, hating myself for not getting up before my mom so I could tell Calum to leave.

I looked hesitantly over the side of my bed to see if he was still lying on the ground, but to my surprise he had disappeared.

"Calum left late last night. Joy came here worried sick. She said that Michael and Luke were caught at Michael's drinking and Calum was no where to be found. Yet here he was, in my house! The boy was covered in-- whatever it was those kids were drinking. I really hope you weren't a part of that."

I rolled my eyes, "Mom.. I didn't drink anything, I don't even--"

"And since when do you even talk to Calum? Didn't you and the girls get into a fight with him forever ago? I don't know, but you need to get dressed. Don't ask to have a sick day, you're going to school." My mom left my room and I felt my stomach knot up.

Surely he won't go to school.

Even if he did it's not like we have classes together or anything.

Calum isn't the brightest.

-
-

"What happened?" Annie tapped on my shoulder while I was at my locker.

"What?" I turned around to face her.

"Why in the world was Joy Hood at my house last night looking for Calum?" She crossed her arms.

I pressed my lips together and looked away from her awkwardly, "I don't know."

"Oh.. Is that so? He looked gross this morning, so did all the other guys." Annie rolled her eyes, it really did pain her to just mention them.

"He's here?!!!" I looked around nervously, hoping he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Yes?" Annie seemed more suspicious now, "What'd you do?"

I ignored her and shoved the rest of the books I didn't need inside of my locker, "Nothing. We need to hurry Chem starts in like a minute."

Annie huffed but followed me to our class.

-

During Chemistry Annie was relentless when it came to trying to know what I knew about Calum and what he was doing last night.

"You have to know something, obviously he was found." She told me.

"I don't know anything, let it go."

Annie didn't want to drop the conversation, but she was stopped anyways by Mrs. Clarke's office phone ringing.

"This is Mrs. Clarke's AP Chem class, how can I help you?---- Oh!! Principal Weber, of course--- No, I don't mind--- Send them in!!" Mrs. Clarke hung up the phone and smiled at us, "Alright class, Mr. Kapen is out today so some of his students will be joining us for today."

This guy who sits in front of me named Avery turned around, "Kapen teaches basic environmental science to the dummies of year 10. Should be funny to see their faces when they walk into a real science class and hear what Mrs. C teaches actual good students."