Chapter 3

You drove for a few hours. It was dark by the time you had finally parked. It was the middle of nowhere. "Dirk? Where the actual fuck are we?"

"..." Dirk looked down at his phone. He then looked up at you. "This.. This is where we're supposed to be."

"This is literally the middle of nowhere, Dirk. You fucked up," you groaned loudly. "Let's just go home."

He nodded in agreement, then started to drive again. You had fallen asleep while driving, and then woke up to something poking you.

"Dude..." You mumbled, still half asleep. "Why'd you poke me?"

"I didn't poke you," Dirk says. "I've been driving, and why would I even poke you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I.. I guess you're right," you frowned. You then looked out the window, and something tapped your shoulder.

You turned around, seeing John sitting in the back. "The fuck?! How'd you get here??"

"Well nice to see you too, Dave! Geez, someone's nap wasn't long enough *obviously*," he said, sighing. "I can't say hi to my best friend??" He grinned, fangs showing.

"Holy shit you're a demon!" You exclaimed.

"Hm, wow. You're really smart, Dave!" He stopped grinning. He was obviously being sarcastic.

You sighed, "John, just- get out of here."

"I'll leave in just a sec! Just wondering, where you guys heading? Which innocent demon will you be killing tonight?" He asked, poking you again.

"Stop," you hit his hand. He then started to poke Dirk. "We're going home. Not killing anything tonight. Now could you get lost?"

"Nah, I need a ride home! You mind taking me home?"

"Egbert, I don't want to hurt you. Your my best friend, so I'd get out before I kill you."

"Right, I'll be leaving then! Besides," he grinned again. "You two look a little busy.." After he said that, he was gone.

"Wh-" you looked forward. "Holy shit!" You were driving towards a cliff. "Dirk stop!"

"I'm trying! The breaks aren't working!"

You closed your eyes. This was how you were gonna die. Not very heroic. God, what a shitty way to die.

You opened your eyes. You were in the middle of the road. No cliff. No nothing. You were alive.

You looked at your brother who was just as surprised as you. "Are.. Are you okay?" He asked. His voice was shaky, and he was definitely freaked out about what had just occurred.

You quickly nodded. "Can we please just.. Go home.."

Dirk nodded in agreement, then started driving once again.

Be the short demon. ==>

First off, you're not that short. Everyone else is just tall. Secondly you had finally arrived to your brothers place.

You had knocked on the door and now you were waiting for him to open.

5 minutes has past and now you were annoyed. Now you banged on the door. "Kankri, for fucks sakes just open the door!"

Shuffling was heard from the other side and then your brother had *FINALLY* opened the door. "Language, Karkat."

"Seriously? We haven't seen each other in a while and that's really the first thing you say to me?"

"Says the one who went banging on my door."

"..." You glared at him before saying, "touché."

"Now that we've settled this, why don't you come in?" He suggested. You nodded, then walked into his home.

After putting the stuff you brought into the spare room, you walked back out into his living room, sitting down on the couch.

Kankri had sat next to you. The two of you were silent. You then broke the silence. ".. So.." You mumbled.

"... I'm sorry, Karkat," he finally said. "You really didn't deserve anything bad to happen to you.. But I promise that you'll be fine here. It's much safer here, and I'll make sure you won't get hurt.."

You looked at your brother, then hugged him before mumbling a quiet thank you. He hugged you back.

After a few minutes you stopped hugging. He ruffled your hair and then stood up. "I'll be going out for a few. When I get back we'll sign you up for school. Does that sound okay?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "Sounds cool to me."

"Alright, I'll see you then," he had grabbed his bag and then left.

You laid down on the couch, staring at the roof. You were really hoping nothing would go wrong.

AUTHORS NOTE

hello hi me again

uh if you wanna follow me on other social media my accounts are all under waifuwaffles

i'm mainly on instagram and tumblr

and if you wanna see my face then go check out my instagram.

-elliot ☄