Chapter 60

Bloodhawk brought her into the throne room and Raven stood up. "It's nice to see you, Neiko. I—as well as my son—am overjoyed to see you unharmed."

"I have waited a long time for this moment," said Bloodhawk as he sat her down gently and holding her arm with one massive hand.

"I bet. How'd you know I was back?"

Raven smiled. "Simple. A few of my warriors overheard your call on the Sparra-Mohican radio, and they tracked the signal. Of course, Bloodhawk wanted to make your acquaintance."

"That was too easy—much simpler than your Ramses scheme. You know, that was really lame, and you know what? I plan to expose Francesco once and for all."

"I don't think so, Neiko," Francesco came in sizzling. "We got you this time!"

"So you figured it out all by yourself, very good, but it's too bad that an Outsider took you instead, whoever he was."

"I spent six months with that guy, and I still don't know who he is," she fibbed, using her entire time she was missing in Qari, unwittingly using Qarian time.

"Six months? You were only missing for two weeks," Raven said, laughing.

Neiko scratched her head and remembered the passage of time was different. "It was so awful it seemed like longer than it was."

"I would like to find this Outsider and claw him to a paste for the pain he caused you!" Bloodhawk said as he steamed.

Neiko giggled at knowing what they didn't know. "Oh, well. I couldn't identify him because he never took his mask off." That part was true.

"Did he wear that armor he wore the whole time he kept you?"

"Yep. I can only say that this guy was six-feet-eight, weighed about 400 pounds without armor and had on about 200 pounds of armor, and he looks like a pharaoh."

Francesco's mouth fell open. "What kind of a nutcase dresses like a pharaoh and is covered head to toe in armor and randomly kidnaps you?"

"Some loony guy. That's all I know. What's really weird is he didn't do a thing to me, and he let me go," she fibbed again. "For the time being," she thought.

"Well, no more talk about this ridiculous prankster; let's concentrate on your future, Bloodhawk," Raven said.

* * *

While Neiko was talking to them, the five were watching in the window. "Those are two gigantic men!" said Lydia, shocked.

"They must be her archenemies, Raven and Bloodhawk. We have to find a way to get to Neiko without them seeing us. We also have to get them to come over here or something," said Phoenix.

"Wait, fellas. I brought a sleeping grenade I ripped off of Quicksilver when he wasn't looking as he was tying me down. Do you still have it Lydz?" asked Quickstrike.

"Yes. Here it is. We must tell Neiko to not breathe it, but how?" said Lydia.

"We have to chance it. Sandstorm, throw it!" hissed Quickstrike urgently.

* * *

"I was wondering how come you became part bird," Neiko said.

Raven shrugged. "I do not know. All I know is that our ancestors were cursed by Yahweh for their actions of conquest, why?" he asked.

"Just curious," she said then the window broke as the grenade flew in.

Gas went everywhere and Neiko ran to the window covering her face as her friends were calling to her to help guide her in the noxious cloud. The two gigantic Crackedskulls went after her, but the gas took effect, and they collapsed onto the floor. Sandstorm grabbed Neiko, and they made a hasty retreat to the armory where they spent the night.