A Midsummer Night's Dream

Ben sighed in boredom of his latest lecture and looked around the room, until he spotted Cassie just a few rows down from where he was in the lecture hall. They had assigned seating so they couldn't sit next to each other, unless they wanted to be marked absent.

Despite being far from her, he was glad they had the same class together again. This time, instead of science, it was psychology. Cassie was big on psychology, so she was avid to learn everything she could about it. Things that he didn't understand, she could help him.

He smiled when he thought about the past week with her. It had truly been something else. He hadn't got around to thanking her for the abandoned barn blow job because, as he predicted earlier in the week, they didn't have anymore privacy after that.

He really, really want to repay her. He plans on doing it tonight after the play if she isn't too hellbent on studying. She wanted to end this school year as best she could and he doesn't blame her. Good college grades equals a good job when they get out in three more years.

"Alright, that's the end of today's lesson," their teacher called, making him snap out of his thoughts. "And if you are in tonight's play, good luck and I shall see you there!" Ben rolled his eyes. Their teacher never failed to tell them how much he loved acting, but gave it up to become something greater.

He clearly regretted giving up on it, or else he wouldn't talk about it so much.

Ben packed up his things, then made his way down to Cassie. "So, I was thinking you, me, tonight, and extra privacy since Tom will be at Olivia's," he said. Cassie looked up at him and said, "That sounds wonderful, but I want you focusing on the play right now. It's opening night and your mind should not be on me right now."

He pouted, but she just playfully rolled her eyes and started walking away. "Okay, okay, fine," he said, as he jogged after her. "I guess I'm just so nervous I'm trying to get my mind off of it and you are always a very welcome distraction."

She took his hand and gave it a squeeze, before saying, "Not to mention you're doing this play six out of the seven days this week. That's a lot to put on a college student, who's trying to focus on his finals." Ben shrugged and told her, "You're not wrong there."

They continued out of the classroom and Ben walked her to her dorm. "I'll see you tonight," she told him. "If I don't see you before the play, then good luck and I know you are going to be absolutely amazing."

With a small smile, he leaned down and kissed her. "Thank you, love," he told her. "I'll see you tonight." He kissed her cheek, then walked back towards the school, where he needed to go to the theater department until the play started in a few hours.

**

"Alright everyone, remember to just have fun out there," the director told the cast that was crowded around him. "Have an amazing opening night and if this isn't your night, you've got five more to go after this. Now, get into your places!"

Ben had a while until he was going on stage, so he took a seat by the curtains and peaked out into the audience. "Ah, there you are," he quietly said to himself, as he spotted Cassie. He smiled and watched as she hugged the boys, then take a seat next to Tom.

He was trying to admire her beauty, but then felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Olivia standing there. He turned his gaze back to Cassie, then said, "Hey, Liv." He didn't totally acknowledge her, as he was focused on the dress Cassie was wearing.

Is that new? He thought. It must be, she only owns two and I've never seen this one before. She must have bought that just for me! Oh, my darling girl never fails to surprise me. When he felt eyes glued to him, he slowly she turned his head back to Olivia.

"Yes?" He asked, feeling impatient. Why was she staring at him like that? And why was she dressed in Angie's costume? Angie is his leading lady in the play. Olivia is her understudy. Where in the hell is Angie? He asked himself.

That's when his theater director came up to him and Olivia. "Benedict!" He cheerily said. "Olivia is going to be preforming with you tonight...and for the rest of the show! Unfortunately, Angie's parents pulled her out of the play because they thought she wasn't getting good enough grades, so I need you and Olivia to just brush up on some scenes before you go on, yeah?"

Ben looked at him in shock. This means he'll have to kiss Olivia several times in front of his girlfriend and her boyfriend. He knows it's acting and knows that is what has to be done sometimes...but not with Olivia!

**

"So, was he nervous when he left?" Tom asked Cassie, as they waited for the play to start. She nodded and told him, "Yeah, but he didn't show it too much. It's okay, I know he's going to be amazing. Though...I feel stupid for saying this, but...I'm not sure how comfortable I'll feel when I see him kissing Angie, his co-star. Is that ridiculous?"

Tom shook his head and told her, "Not at all. It's only natural to feel that way. If you didn't...well, then you might as well not care at all of what he does. Right?" She smiled and said, "Right. Thank you, Tom." He patted her hand and said, "No problem."

The lights then started dimming, telling them the play was going to start. A few minutes later the curtains opened and the play was officially on. Everyone was smiling at the beginning and watched the odd opening scene before them.

It was a little while later when Ben came on and Cassie got very excited. She was on the edge of her seat with a huge smile plastered on her face. He was so good! Even better than when they had rehearsed.

It was then time for Angie to come out and Ben's first out of the many kissing scenes. She knows because he's practiced on her many times. She just hopes she doesn't kiss Angie like he kisses her. She waited and waited...then for some reason saw Olivia.

Cassie and Tom both looked at each other with confused expressions. They looked back to the stage and watched her and Ben share a kiss...and then another...and another...and another. It seemed endless throughout the entire play!

When it ended, the cast came out and gave a bow. Everyone in the seats were on there feet giving Ben a standing ovation. He bowed and bowed again, then gestured to his cast mates and clapped along with the rest of the crowd.

After the curtains drew to a close, everyone started filing out of the theater. Her, Tom, the boys and their girlfriends, and Ben's parents were all waiting for Ben to come out. "Did you know that Liv was going to be in that play?" Tom quietly asked Cassie.

She quickly shook her head and told him, "Not at all. I admit that it would have been nice to know, though." It's not that she was mad because he had to kiss Olivia...it was because he kissed Olivia. Yes, she is Tom's girlfriend, but it is blatantly obvious that she still likes him! You would have to be an idiot not to see that Olivia checks him out every chance she gets.

Tom notices. That's why he was mad, too.

Ben and Liv came walking out together, talking animatedly about the play. The boys clapped and whistled along with the girls, while Tom and Cassie just clapped with the best smiles they could conjure up.

As soon as Ben set his eyes on Cassie, his smile lit up and he jogged over to her. "There's my girl!" He said, as he wrapped her in his arms and went to kiss her...but she dodged it. He looked at her curiously and asked quietly, "What's wrong?"

She looked down to the ground, so he glanced over to Tom to see if he could get any answers from him, but he saw him giving Liv the same attitude. Ben kissed Cassie's cheek, then pulled her a few feet away from everyone.

"Baby, come on, look at me," he quietly told her. She finally looked at him, but she didn't seem happy. "Talk to me," he pleaded. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" She just sighed and shook her head. "You did great tonight," she told him, before walking away to meet his parents at the door.

He was thoroughly confused as to what was going on, but decided to put it to the back of his mind until his dinner with her and his parents were over.