Chemisty Project

Today was the first day the Chemistry class trio would be back together since Tom and Cassie's break-up. It's been almost five days since then and in that time, Ben and Cassie have been spending an incredible amount of time together in her dorm.

Ben has had a moment to speak with Tom about what had happened between him Cassie, to which Ben called him a "fucking idiot" and Tom didn't argue. Tom knew that Ben and Cassie were spending a lot of time together, but tried to use Ben as his way back into Cassie's life.

"Talk to her for me," he begged. "Tell her I am so sorry." But Ben refused to. It's not just because Cassie is his potential girlfriend and doesn't want her having second thoughts on it, but she was still pissed at Tom and never failed to vent to him if she needed to.

Ben wasn't sure how Chemistry would work out, but he prayed Tom would keep to himself and not try and start anything with her. Usually, he would walk to class with Tom, but he left ahead of him this time to get to class a little early.

When he walked in, he saw Cassie just sitting down at the table and he quickly made his way over. "Hey, you," he greeted, as he sat down. She turned to him and said, "Hey! You're early." He kissed her cheek and pressed his forehead against hers as he said, "Well, I had to claim my spot back."

That made her giggle and playfully thump his nose. He laughed and moved his head away from hers to get his notes out of his backpack. When he set them on the table, he saw a large neat stack of papers in front of him. He looked at it curiously, then read what it said on the front.

"Untitled by Cassie Hansen," he read aloud. He looked at her and asked, "Is this your script?" She nodded and said, "One of them. But promise me you won't let anyone else read it. I've never had anyone read any of my scripts or stories before."

He smiled and took the script, putting it carefully in his backpack. When he looked back up at her he said, "I promise. Thank you, I can't wait to start it." He put his hand lazily on top of hers and gave it a light squeeze.

Ever since that night, they've been acting like they wanted to be a couple, but had the friend feel to it. It was confusing as all hell to anyone who saw them together, but they were just testing their limits, or rather Ben testing Cassie's. So far, she's okay with the cheek kissing, forehead pressing, nose nudging, and light hand contact. Their usual cuddling hasn't changed, but if they feel asleep together, Ben loved to spoon her and she loved it when he did. And so far, she liked to run her fingers through his hair, which always made him purr like a kitten.

Tom walked into class to see Ben, not only sitting next to Cassie, but was just in time to see him take her hand on the table. He got confused at the gesture because Ben was supposed to be helping him, and walked over to the table.

Ben immediately knew Tom was behind him when he saw the look on Cassie's face. He turned around and saw Tom staring at their hands. "Yes, Tom?" Ben asked.

"You're in my spot," Tom told him, dragging his eyes up to Ben's face. Ben shook his head and said, "No, I don't think I am." Tom gave him the "what are you doing?" look. Ben can't believe Tom would actually think he would help him get Cassie back. Now that he has her so close to being his, he won't let anyone take her away.

"She doesn't want to talk to you," he told him. "Just sit somewhere else, leave her alone." He turned his body back to Cassie and whispered, "It's okay." He ran his thumb across her hand and fingers and watched for her reaction at the new move. She smiled.

He took a glance behind him and saw Tom sitting in the spot he had at the beginning of the year, looking defeated. Ben almost felt bad, but then he looked back to his American girl and all of that went away.