I snuck out as Izzy directed me to. The inn is only three blocks away from my house, but night time in the city is scary. You hear these horror stories of kids going missing because they went out at night. Or the people who get stabbed for no reason other than to find anything on the victim to sell. I can't imagine it happening, but going out at night still scared anyone shitless.

I kept in the dark making sure the guard patrols didn't catch me. After trying my best to keep out if sight, someone grabbed me from behind. They covered my mouth and spun me around. I closed my eyes and whimpered. I heard them say, "Jesus christ. Stop that you sissy." I opened my eyes to find Izzy smiling and wide eyed.

I wanted to yell but I would have risked alerting someone. I ragefully murmured, "Izzy. What the fuck? By the creator I would've stabbed you or something!"

"Riiiggghhhhtttt." She exaggerated. She looked around and pursed her lips. She has her thinking cap on.

"What?" I asked.

"Lesson one, higher the ground, safer you'll be." She replied, "We need to get up on the rooftops. Head to the balconies of the inn. Those will get us on top of the inn and we'll practice jumping."

.......................................................................................................

"We jumped all the way home." I said to Zeckiel, "I'm going to die."

I was in bed trying to rest away my sore body. It was midday and thank any higher power I can rest up. Zeckiel said, "I'm not being pushed that hard. It's mostly stuff I knew already and then some."

"Oh... cool..." I groaned.

"Oh, c'mon. It's not that bad." He rolled his eyes, "Don't make me feel bad for you."

I smiled, "Awwee! You feel bad for me."

He threw a pillow at me, "Confusing Carl."

I threw it back, "Mopey Mellony."

I then gave me a shocked and awed face, "Are you? No... You couldn't be..."

"What?" I asked confused and intrigued.

"You're getting used to me! Ha! We might as well be friends." He looked at me all wide eyed and smiling.

I laughed at his goofy face, "Shut up you flick."

Fernarthen walked in and said, "I hate to intrude, but Zeckiel and I are going to start training now. Welcome to watch, shadow."

Zeckiel laughed, "It might just get me to put on a show."

I groaned and got up. My backyard was beautiful thanks to my mother. After my father died she needed to do something to keep her busy. She then thought up an idea. Why not make our back yard a nice place to be? She was out there day and night trying to get it the way she wanted it. She did a great job and it's not that I wanted to watch Zekiel. I just wanted to make sure he didn't mess up the garden.

I sat in a lawn chair and Izzy came out to sit next to me. She had some kind of drink with her. It was yellow in color and the side of the glasses there was a lemon. She set the drinks down on the table next to me. She said, "Beautiful yard."

"You can talk to my mother about that." I said.

Zeckiel and Fernarthen started to spar. Izzy said, "Kick the brat's ass Fern!"

I smiled, "He's not that much of a brat."

"You're kidding. Oh, wait, you're not." She smirked and winked at me.