17

3am and the jet had landed on an island. Stepping on the jet with Keegan in her arms and asleep on her shoulder, she knew exactly where she was.

Kacy's island.

But this time, they weren't there to spend time together. They were there because their lives were in danger. One hut was for Kacy, Karma, Keegan and Moe.

The next was for Dion and Kat while the third was for Morgan, baby Morgan and Ash. But for now, everyone met up in the first hut.

The kids were placed on the bed while the adults all went to the living room. A few joints were lit and even if someone didn't smoke, they did that day.

It was so much going on, everyone needed a temporary release from it all. What better way than get high on a private island?

Karma made sure the kids were covered with a blanket before exiting the room. Her phone buzzed and it was a text from her mom.

"I'll be there in the morning" her mom replied.

Karma sighed and sat on Kacy lap, grabbing the blunt from him. He kissed her neck and she snuggled closer into him. For awhile, nobody said anything.

The only thing in the air was the thick smoke from the three blunts that were lit.

"Ed left us his shit" Morgan mumbled. "Like he knew what would happen"

Kacy shook his head and pulled his shoulder length dreads into a pony tail. "We gon have ta' look into all that. Cause right now, I feel like we ina dark spot. Anything could happen, ya feel me, and we won't know shit"

"Damn sure could protect ourselves though. Best believe I brought our shit though" Dion spoke, referring to the many guns. "how we gon do this though? With the kids and shit"

"Put them on safely. I hate that we have guns around them, for one. But damn, that's all I got" Karma spoke. "Other than hiding them in reachable places"

"Sounds good, I guess."

Again, the room grew quite."it's pretty clear we in deep shit" Dion spoke "So in case anything happens to me, I want y'all to know I love y'all. Real shit. The only family I knew and only people I'd kill or be killed for"

Just hearing that brought tears to Karma, Ash and especially Kats eyes. Nobody wanted to face that as being a possible truth but actually hearing it from mouth, made it a reality.

"Dion, please" Karma mumbled, wiping her eyes.

"Ya know he right, mama. Something could happen ta' any of us." Kacy rubbed her leg.

"But it won't, ok? We gon protect each other like we been doing so stop with the negative talking" Ash snapped. "We've made it through worse things than this. We good ok? We good" she wiped her tears and stood up. "I'm going to the hut"

"Yea, we about to leave too" Doin said. As everyone started to leave, Kacy carried Moesha and Keegan to the other end while him and Karma showered and laid down.

Nothing was said as they cuddled up against each other. But while their mouths were silent, their minds weren't. Things continued to pop up, possible plans or ideas for the crew to survive.

While the two laid in bed, Kacy's phone continued to receive message after message.

-Call me now!... Chris.

-Kacy! It's important... Chris.

-Fuck man, just call when you get this. I got some shit for you... Chris