6

Stacy and Loretta walked in Karma's hospital room and she smiled a little when she saw them. It was nice to see some familiar faces instead of another nurse or doctor.

"How you feeling baby?" Stacy asked. Loretta started fluffing her pillows and made sure she was tucked in.

"Alright. Kinda. Sore, very. Everywhere"

"They got you in some medicine? I could get some weed for you"

Loretta and Karma looked at Stacy and she smiled.

"Just kidding"

"Whatever you say, momma. Anyway, y'all seen Kacy lately?"

Stacy and Loretta gave her a look "Thought you ain't care about him"

"I never said I didn't care about him. Of course, I do. But I'm just so tired" she mumbled, leaning back against the pillows. "Like I know everyone makes mistakes. I understand that but like, he keeps making them. Over and over. This is the second time I filed for divorce. I haven't spoken to him since his brother hit me, the first time"

"Kenton hit you once before?" Loretta asked shocked.

"Yea, knocked Keegan from my arms and all"

"Oh my" Stacy mumbled.

"Like, I feel like all this happens not because of Kacy but he played a huge part in it. He had so many chances, like when I begged him to stay. Like when I put up with all his disrespectful behavior. But he didn't stop even though he knew he was hurting me. He told me he didn't care that he hurt me" Karma clapped her hands "So I feel like I've come to my ends with him"

The room grew silent. Neither Loretta or Stacy knew what to say.

"I love that man so much" She began to tear up "God knows I do. I'd do anything for him. But it's only so much I can take. I don't want to take him back and after all he's put me through, he does something again because he knows I'll take him back. Or I take him back and it's for nothing"

Loretta grabbed Karmas hand. "Listen. Kacy's my son and I love him. But what he did to you, I agree, wasn't right. He's a grown ass man and the way he treated you, to please his brother, was horrible. And going back to him, so soon, won't be such a smart move. But my advice, distance"

"Yes, that sounds great" Stacy agreed "Distance yourself from him. Physically but most importantly emotionally and mentally. You two just need space"

"But I don't know if I could be away from him for so long. Since the day we met, we've basically been attached by the hip"

"Yea, no kidding there" Stacy joked, getting a laugh from Karma and Loretta "But that just proves our point."

Karma looked down at her hands and sighed.

"Right now, he has the kids" Loretta spoke up "He said he's gonna step up and prove himself to you. He also said he's not signing those divorce papers"

Karma laughed.

"But let him care for the kids while you heal up, K. Let that be step one to him proving himself. "

Kacy talked to himself as he tried for the second time to put on the diaper. When he finished, he raised Keegan who was nibbling on his fingers, and examined the diaper. Kacy looked down at Moesha and she looked up at him.

"Good?" He asked.

"Good" Moesha smiled.

"Alright then" he put a onesie on Keegan and the three of them made their way into the kitchen of their new place. Since the while incident that took place at his home, Kacy thought it'd be better for a different home.