4

Time skip to 5 years.

Lucy P.O.V

Today's the day I'm going to reunite with everyone at the guild. I can't wait. I just hope they aren't mad that I left for such a long time. Velvet kept me from any visits and limited my time to talk with Levy. I looked at the great doors of the guild and took a deep breath. This is it. I felt my bookbag shift slightly also looked back at it. Golden eyes looked back and I calmed down slightly.

With a smile I opened the door and slid in. Almost immediately, I was hit by a depressed atmosphere. What the fuck. Everything was quiet. There was no laughing or bickering between guild mates. Everyone was either staring at nothing or talking quietly to themselves. This is not right.

With a frown and confused expression, I walked over to the bar and sat in my normal seat. I watched as Mira walked over, she wasn't smiling nor was she frowning. She just had a blank tired expression and was cleaning a glass slower than usual. She settled the glass down before staring at it in a daze. She doesn't seem to notice me returning at all

"Umm, hey Mira." She grunted at me and waited. "So can I get your famous strawberry milkshake that you always make." Please smile Mira, this isn't like you.

She nodded but I saw a small emotion pass between her eyes. Like she was in flash back and wanted nothing more than cry. I panicked slightly as I reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Don't cry Mira. I just got back, and I don't want to make you cry." Her head snapped up as if she finally recognized my voice. I smiled lightly as she squealed loudly and jumped over the counter, straight into my lap. I laughed at her eagerness and embraced her into a hug.

"Lucy!!" She laughed out and gave me a wet sloppy kiss on my cheek. I squealed out in disgust and shoved her off my lap before frantically wiping her saliva off my face. She laughed from the floor causing me to scowl at her. I took my bookbag off my shoulder and set it next to the chair next to me gently before takling her as she tried to get up. I heard a gasp and frantic chatter as I started tickling her so much, she forgot to breath. I was tackled off of her in a flash of blue and before I knew it, I was the one being tickled.

I laughed, squealed, and squirmed as I screwed my eyes tight from the pain. I heard a trumpet laugh as the weight above me was pulled off. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to see my guild mates surrounding me with smiles. Levy stood over me with a smirk, making me stick my tongue out at her. She laughed at me and started to walk backwards to let me up but I tripped her and stood. She fell backwards into Gajeel, who was standing behind her in the meantime.

The guild seemed to brighten up as people started chatting loudly and bickering with each be other. I smiled the widest I had in a while. Its great to be home. I felt my keys warm as everyone smiles back. That was until I heard it.

"Lucy." It was barely a whisper, but it came a few feet behind me. I whipped around to see Natsu standing up, looking like a mess. His hair was tattered and his face was crusted up from dry tears. I opened my arms and in an instant, he was in them crying into my shoulder. I held him tightly against me as I felt him breath in my scent.

The guild begain cooing at us as I blushed and glared. Levy was down right laughing at me, not noticing Gajeel holding her by the waist, and Mira was squealing while taking pictures. I groaned internally, they were going to tease me about this all week. Curse you emotions, I don't even know how I still have a crush on this man after all this time. He squeezed me gently, as if to reassure himself that I was here, I squeezed back with the same amount of reassurance.

"Where were you?" Natsu asked suddenly, causing me to jolt. The guild quieted down suddenly, eager to hear stories of my adventures. I felt myself smile as I answered.

"It's a secret~"

I felt Natsu shake with laughter as he pulled back and stared at me. I felt myself blush more as he pushed a hair piece out of my face. "You truly are someone remarkable Luce."

I didn't think I could smile as wide as I am now. It truly was a miracle on how I'm here and it truly feels right in his arms. I found myself staring at him dreamily until I saw my bag shift from the corner of my eye. I looked over, just as everyone else did, and watched as the flap flew open. Out crawled a golden exceed, it yawned slightly and stared floating towards me lazily.

"Hey Lushi, I'm tired, can I please sleep on you?" She asked with her eyes drooping. She fell suddenly and I caught her.

"Sure thing, Avery." She smiled before clawing her was up my arms and up to my shoulders, where curling herself around my neck and fell asleep. Natsu stared at me in shock as I felt his arms tighten around my waist. I smiled crookedly as everyone around us started asking questions on where I was, what happened, and why I have an exceed. In the end, I was sitting in Natsu's lap (me blushing as red as Erza's hair), while the team sat around us at a random table in the guild.

"YAY! THERE'S ANOTHER EXCEED." Happy yelled making me and Natsu wince. He bounced up and down from his little spot on the table. Avery opened one eye and glared while Carla smacks him in the back of his head before scolded him. We all laughed at the interaction between the Exceeds. Before we knew it, we lost track of time. I must have fallen asleep because I felt someone carry me home.

Forgot to add Avery but, she is exactly like Lucy in personality, but is also very wise, lazy, and is in love with fish.

Sounds like happy and Natsu. Lol

Comment

Vote

Follow

Or don't

@bookeatingworm

After edit: wow, that was way better than the other one.