They both hugged me and explained that Kayla was on the phone. After saying my goodbyes I blinked my tears away. Ever since I met them we have never been split apart and now I was going to leave them for over two weeks.

I received a call from Nate that he was parked outside. I informed my friends and they helped me take my stuff downstairs. Nate placed the suitcases inside the car while I gave Jason and Maria final hugs, "Maria I left some money for rent on the table. Jason don't mess things up with Mike. I love you guys."

After some more hugs I said goodbye and got in the car. I waved goodbye through the tinted windows even though I doubted they could seem me.

"Miss Delilah this is for you" Nate said handing me a small box.

The light green box was wrapped with a white ribbon tie. I unraveled the tie and opened it up to see a bottle of sleeping pills. There was a note on the bottom of the box.

Take one. Only one. Take more and you won't wake up for hours. I know the flight might be unbearable so these should make it easier for you. Don't think about your parents. You will be fine. If anything, I'm always here.
-McKinley Ian

I internally sighed since it was hard to act like I didn't have any feelings for him when he would do cute things like this. It wasn't till now that I realized he was aware that my parents died in a plane crash.

We got to the airport at around 5:45 and I wheeled my luggage into the check in station. The middle aged man printed out my boarding pass after I gave him my information. He weighed my bags and I thankfully didn't go over the limit.

He tagged them and placed them on a conveyor belt that led to the plane. Then I proceeded to go to security. After the blonde woman scanned me down I left and looked for my boarding gate.

I walked around for about 20 minutes looking for the stupid gate. I finally found it with the help of someone in a hot pink jumpsuit. The lady in the jumpsuit caught my attention and I looked up to notice that she was in the gate I was boarding.

I understood why I got confused since the numbers were not in order. I took a seat on one of the black plastic chairs and saw that our plane would be leaving on time.

Upon closer inspection I realized that the lady in the hot pink jumpsuit was Valentina. She was pacing around the seats while talking on the phone.

Ian was nowhere in sight. I shouldn't be worried about him I reminded myself. I placed my headphones in my ear and played some music.

I bobbed my head to the song I didn't know the title of and looked up as I saw Ian walking towards the gate. He had two cups of Starbucks coffee in his hand. He handed one to Valentina and then he noticed me.

He looked at me then stared at his coffee. I was hoping he wouldn't notice me, so I quickly put my head down and placed my hands over my face. I saw his Nike clad feet and I looked up while discretely checking him out.

He had black joggers with a black t-shirt on. On his head was a black snapback. The hat pulled his dark brown hair back and his brooding eyes stood out even more on his handsome face.

I have never seen him with a hat on and it was a change seeing him wearing that. He looked attractive but, the more I stared at him the more exhausted he looked. His eyes had this sadness about them and I hoped I wasn't the reason for them

His hand reached out and I saw the iced coffee in his hand. After I grabbed the coffee he turned his back to walk away. Before he got far I called out, "Ian." he stopped and turned towards me