Tough - B e l l a m y

(An imagine of the super sweet Bellamy that he is around you. Oh btw, this is literally my favorite picture of Bellamy Blake.)

"Okay, everybody lift on three," Bellamy called to the group of children under his command, "one...two...three."

From the branch of a nearby tree, you broke into hysterical laughter as the branch that Bellamy had tried to balance fell, taking a huge section of the wall down with it.

You gripped the bark to steady yourself as the laughter ripped through your body. Bellamy turned to see you, his face stormy.

"Wow Bellamy, I can see now why you refused my advice. You definitely didn't need my help." You laughed.

"Shut up Y/N." Bellamy snapped.
"Well that was rude." You replied, jumping from the tree.

You landed awkwardly, your ankle twisting under the weight of your body. You gasped in pain and surprise and fell forward, only to be caught by the boy who you hadn't seen rush to your aid.

"You okay?" Bellamy asked, suddenly worried.

"I'm fine," you replied quickly, pushing away from the boy, "you're the one that needs help. That wall is atrocious, so I am cordially offering my design capabilities."

The concern on Bellamy's face vanished into annoyance, "Well, you are cordially invited to fuck off."

You gave the boy a mischievous smile and exaggerated wink.

"Call me when your pride takes a bow, yeah?" You called over your shoulder as you walked away

"Call me when your ego deflates." Bellamy countered.

You smirked to yourself, limping painfully on your twisted ankle and ignoring the pounding in your chest that Bellamy always caused.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bellamy asked, suddenly nervous.

"Just for a walk," you called, "you're not worried are you?"

Bellamy sighed, rolling his eyes before jogging to catch up with you and wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Woah, what're you doing?" You asked, shifting away from his touch, entirely uncomfortable with how hard it made your heart pound.

Bellamy sighed again, holding you tighter, "You've hurt your ankle, let me help you." He insisted gently.

You grumbled as you circled your arm around Bellamy's neck, sighing with relief as the weight was taken off your ankle. You mumbled something that sounded like a thank you and Bellamy tried to bite back a smile.

"Not so tough now, are you?" the boy teased, "After all that impressive climbing, you're brought down by a tiny jump."

You huffed, "It was hardly tiny. It was a couple meters at least."

"Still, you don't need to go to such extreme lengths to impress me, you know?" Bellamy said, shooting you a flirty smile. You realised that Bellamy had walked you to his tent, "You impress me enough just being you."

You frowned, your eyes darting back and forth between Bellamy and the tent, "Are you trying to seduce me Bellamy Blake?"

"Wha-What? No! I was kind of hoping to ask you on a date." Bellamy laughed, "The seducing will hopefully come later."

"But you do like me?"

"Of course," the boy said with a confused but nervous smile, "I mean, you drive me crazy sometimes, but I don't know," Bellamy said with a shrug, "I thought that was kind of our thing."

You smiled, "I thought so too."
"So....is that a yes?"

You nodded, "Definitely."

"Good." Bellamy said as he ushered you into his tent and sat you down gently on his cot.

"Does this mean you'll let me be in charge of the wall construction?" You said with a teasing smile.

"Oh fuck off."