What's the real reason to that wound? What is it you're not telling me? Did someone....hurt you?...

I failed to notice my hand squeezing hers a bit too tightly with each question that was raised, the last question resulting in the tightest squeeze. I didn't notice this until I felt a pair of fingers wrapped around my hand.

I gasped, my eyes widening at what was happening. Her hand closed around mine for the first time ever, holding it in return. It was almost as if she was trying to reassure me from my anxiousness that was beginning to unfold, however it all crumbled away from this action.

It feels so...nice...

Her hand was already warm but when she returns the gesture it's as if it got...got...10x warmer. This feeling...it's so pleasant.

As much as I wanted to remain absorbed in these feelings, the white bandages on her chin continued to gawk at me, my anxiousness returning.

(Y/N)...why would you lie to me?...

~ Next morning ~

"Okay Gaara I'm off again, please remember to keep your voice down and wait for me to come back okay?"

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried for my friend. This 'school,' was it really necessary for (Y/N)?

"Y-y-y...yeah..." 

She stood in front of me with a frown, I avoided her gaze by looking down. Not only was I worried for her but I also wanted to know the real reason as to how she got hurt.

"Gaara I'll be back before you know it, don't give me that look."

Easy for you to say....

"I-I k-k...k-k-know."

"Then cheer up for me...please?"

I looked up and saw a gentle smile on her face. She made me want to turn my frown into a smile such as hers but...

"(Y/N)..."

"What's up?" she responded with a bright voice.

I slightly grimaced as I prepared to ask her once more. The pain in my chest increased along with my tense body, pangs of fear shot through my body as I was apprehensive to hear her answer.

"D-d...d-did...y-y-you-"

I grunted in frustration of my struggling.

"....l-l...l-lie t-to...m-me?"

Her expression changed into a puzzled one, she cocked her head to one side.

"Lie to you about what?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and mumbled softly, "Y-y...y-y-your w-w...w-w-wou...nd."

For a split second she looked stunned but she changed that expression so fast that I was unsure it was even there before.

(Y/N)...please...tell me the truth...

She grinned widely and responded, "Of course not, I already told you didn't I? I would never lie to you silly!"

...