Ultraviolet (Violet Chachki)

A barefaced Violet sits next to you surrounded by piles of untouched drugstore makeup. You know the whole "I do my boyfriend's makeup" trend on youtube is over and you missed your chance to be a part of that wave of internet nonsense. Still, it doesn't stop you from making a video.

You adjust the focus on your camera before hitting record. You hesitate for a moment.

"Do you wanna start?" you ask shyly, turning to Violet, her long black hair pulled away from her face.

"Um..." She looks into the lens of the camera stiffly before pausing and turning back to you. "It's your video," she points out, shrugging. You sigh and adjust your seat uncomfortably.

"Hi," you start somewhat confidently, looking into the empty camera lens. Violet sits relaxed in her seat, combing through a thin strand of dark hair.

"We're a little late on the 'doing my boyfriend's makeup' tag," you begin, wondering how all these people can just speak to a camera and not question their sanity. "But it's never too late for a knockoff of Paint Me Bitch! So I'm going to attempt Violet's makeup from her entrance on season seven."

The two of you look at one another expectantly before giggling quietly adjusting yourselves so you sit facing her. You pluck the stick of glue standing on the shelf next to you.

As you pop it open and smear it over her eyebrows, you laugh, "I'm really sorry if this turns out god awful. I can't do makeup on other people."

"Well, I mean," she says with her eyes closed, relaxed into your hands. "Obviously it won't be as good as when I did it."

You scoff, rolling your eyes dramatically. "Thanks, Violet. Thanks for that helpful boost of confidence." She chuckles while you close the cap of the glue and dig through your makeup bag.

About ten minutes into the video, you've already knocked half the makeup on the floor and Violet's face is beginning to resemble a small, powdered donut.

"Shit, stop moving!" you gripe, blending out a purple shadow on her eyelid. The loose dust collects on the top of her cheek and you try to blow it off. When it doesn't budge, you grunt and carefully swipe your finger over her skin, smearing the color further across her cheek.

"Can I give up now? Like, here's the final look, we're done!" you laugh, handing her a small mirror. She laughs at the way her lashes are powdered white and only one eye is smudged with purple and her eyebrows are just noticeably uneven. She sets the mirror down, urging you to at least finish one eye.

When you finish dusting on different shades of purple to both of her eyes you make an attempt to mimic her eyeliner to no avail. Not a miserable fail, but still a considerable mistake.

You glue on three pairs of fake lashes to both her eyes, fanning them as you worry it'll dry white and you'll have to fuck up that eyeliner more just to hide it. As the glue dries, you shuffle around the counter for purple lipstick.

"How long is this video so far?" you wonder aloud. "How much of this am I going to have to edit out? My god..."

When you complete her face with a little bit of lavender on her cheeks, you examine your work and giggle, handing her the mirror again.

"On a scale of one to busted," you stifle a laugh, "how bad is it?"

"It's...not bad actually," she admits, pressing down a lash. "I mean the brows could use some work, but it's not what I expected."

"You expected it to be bad?!" you yell, slapping her arm. "I'm insulted."

Violet chuckles, pecking you on the lips before she peels the headband from her hair and slips it over your face. "Now it's my turn."

♡♡♡

A/N: sorry for the wait,, next one will hopefully be up sooner. ps please check out my other drag works!!! id appreciate it v much :>