Gift (Raja Gemini/Sutan Amrull)

A/N: i meant to post this way earlier in the day im SORRY

★★★

He wakes up to the mattress bouncing viciously and your giggling voice chanting, "wake up, it's your birthday! It's your birthday, Raja!"

Sutan groans into his pillow. "Wonderful."

"Get up, girlie, I have a lot planned for today!" You tear the sheets from him, exposing him to the cold air. He curls into a ball and turns away, trying to fall back asleep.

"Come on," you urge, shaking his tanned shoulders. He grunts. "I made you breakfast."

"What kind." He more states than asks, a thin layer of annoyance hiding his love for your cooking.

"Chocolate chip pancakes. I was thinking we could--"

In a flash, Sutan's eyes are wide open and he sits straight up next to you. He happily eyes the tray to your side on the nightstand.

"Well that worked," you giggle, passing him a porcelain plate. The stack of pancakes is topped off with sprinkles and whipped cream letters reading "Happy Birthday Ra". You unfortunately ran out of room for the rest of the name, leaving a jumbled mess at the bottom.

"Thank you, darling," he chirps, digging his fork into the pancakes. You take your own plate into your hand, picking away at the whipped cream smiley face melting down the sides.

"So what were you planning to do later?" he asks with a mouthful of sprinkles.

"I made a reservation for dinner at seven and I thought maybe we could hit up a club after, if you want." He nods in agreement. "Ooh! I almost forgot!" You set your plate down as you jump off the bed and run to the closet, digging around until you find a tall bedazzled bag stuffed with purple tissue paper.

You drag it out and toss it to her. "Open it!"

He excitedly rips through the paper, throwing it off the side of the bed. Gasping, he pulls out the white shoebox. "No..."

You smile in anticipation. He opens the box and his eyes widen. "You didn't..."

"I did!"

He looks up at you, shock on every one of his features. His still fingers rest on the latex of the boots.

"You spent two thousand dollars on me?" he asks, torn between being eternally grateful for the shoes and upset with you for spending so much.

"Of course I did," you assert, sitting by him on the edge of the bed. "It's your birthday and you wanted them."

He wordlessly puts down the boots and leans in to hug you long and tight. His chin rests on your shoulder as you rub his arms before he pulls away.

"I did get a better gift than this, though."

"What?" you challenge, only slightly disappointed. "Show me."

"I can't," he chuckles. "You're already sitting right there."

♔♔♔

A/N: im making some format changes, hopefully it all works out for the best