Kairi & Erik Chapter2 Part A

Comments or votes would be nice! So if you could please give me some feedback....

Frozen Tears

(Chapter 2 Part A)

Even though Erik had long since been lost to sight I continued to stare back at the school a while after. Finally I sighed and turned around sliding back into my seat.

"What happened at school today" I heard Nate say in a frustrated voice. I had the sudden feeling that this wasn't the first time he had asked similar questions without any response.

"What do you mean" I asked quietly trying to fain ignorance.

"Finally a reply and you know very well what I mean. You've been unresponsive to what I say since I picked you up and you've been staring out the back of my truck for almost five minutes. Now fess up, what happened?"

Instead of answering his question I asked one of my own "have you ever had an experience of complete security and happiness before, with someone I mean?" I could feel a smile forming on my lips as I said this. He eyed me with a puzzled look on his face. "I mean like it was just you and him and you just never wanted it to stop." His face took on a worried expression as he asked me quickly "just what where you doing when you were supposed to be in gym and who where you with? Was it that Zack character" he said his face turning angry. So he already knew about my skip today. I groaned inwardly that meant that Anne and my Dad most likely knew too.

As he looked at me expectantly I suddenly realized what he was getting at and I hastily replied turning a dark shade of red "no, it wasn't like that and I wasn't with Zack." Zack? Why him? Where had that come from?

"Never mind" I said wishing I hadn't brought it up.

"Oh" he said with a knowing smile and relief clearly written across his face "is it possible my little Kairi has finally been bitten by the love bug?" I decided to ignore the question going for the whole 'I won't deem such a ridiculous question with a reply' approach when my tell tale face started blushing.

"Ah so that's what it is. Alas, I should have known that I wouldn't remain the only man in her life forever" he said taking such a sorrowful look that I couldn't help but laugh.

"I don't know what I mean" I said my laugh turning to a sigh "it was just strange is all." Nate raised his eyebrows at that but let it drop. We were nearly to my house by then and I was anxious for the solitary of my room to think over today.

"So you up for a trip to the beach to hit the waves tomorrow" Nate asked me as he pulled into my driveway. I knew Nate was trying to patch our friendship back together so even though I didn't really feel like it I would probably go. As much I loved Nate I knew that what had happened before would happen again. Nate and I where friends, best friends but that's all we where and that's all we'd ever be and I knew that not everyone understood or accepted that. When Nate found someone and I knew that he would eventually. I mean after all he is a pretty great guy, things would change again. Even though I selfishly resisted that change deep down I knew that what we had wasn't enough for him that he needed more and someday I probably would too. Maybe I already did. I think a big reason behind why I hadn't dated anyone yet was because I knew that if I did inevitably things between me and Nate would change or maybe it was just that no one had come along with an offer more tempting than what I had with Nate.

As I thought this I realized that I still hadn't given Nate an answer.

"Yes" I said sighing as I shuffled out of his truck.

"Try not to look so cheerful when you greet your Dad" Nate said sarcastically. I realized that I hadn't fooled him and I knew what he was getting at. Everyone was worried about me, my Dad probably the most out of anyone.