chapter 23 - all that matters

Alice’s POV

He loves me, I know he does, He took every chance to tell me that. But right now I don’t feel loved. I feel sad, might be because im under the influence on alcohol, maybe it’s because my boyfriend cheated on me. Everything was so perfect just two days ago. I wanted to go home, not to the hotel, not to LA. I wanted to go home to Canada. I wanted to lock myself into my room, just as I used to do. I wanted to curl into a ball covered in duvets and blankets and stay there until I felt better. But since I’m in England, that wouldn’t really be possible.

“Alice can you hear me?” Justin said and snapped me back to reality.

“What do you want Justin? Why are you doing this?!” I ask a lot harsher than I thought I would. “Its obvious that you don’t want me anymore…” I say under my breath.

“I want you to forgive me, I didn’t even do anything! I don’t even know why you’re acting like a total bitch!” he yelled back at me, realizing what he said and covering his mouth with his hand. “Im sorry…”

I turned around and kept walking, not knowing where to, nor where I was going to sleep. It felt like this day never ended. It was all drama and shit and I couldn’t take it anymore.

 ---

“It feels so good to be home!” I heard Justin say once we reach our house, back in LA. I hadn’t really spoken to him since the night outside the nightclub. The flight was awkward. I slept most of the time if I didn’t sleep I listened to depressing music and looked out through the window. Avoiding Justin’s gaze as much as I possibly could. I also made time for some cuddling with my goddaughter and jazzy. They were practically best friends now. I needed my best friend.

To Elise:

wanna come hang out with me in LA for a while?”

Literally two minutes later she answered and we decided that she’d come here in 2 days, she had a break from school as well and since I was here I didn’t’ really go to school, which kind of made me depend on Justin. He was all I had here.

She called me and we planned everything. Justin would be out of town for a week, which was good because it would give me time to think and it would give me a little distance. He wanted me to go him because he was going to Miami to record some new music, but I was mad at him and I wasn’t really in the mood to spend a week with him just hanging around in the studio while he was recording. All that stuff seemed so cool before I experienced it. It’s actually really boring.

Justin’s POV

“I’m leaving now…” I said loud enough for Alice to hear me in the kitchen.

“okay…” was all I got. I was longing for her lips on mine. I needed her arms around my neck; I needed her to tell me that she loves me and that she forgives me. She should know how crazy the media is, especially when it comes to the paparazzi in England. They’re obnoxious.

Alice came walking towards the hallway, her blue eyes meeting my hazel ones.

“Alice, you’re all that matters to me, you know that right?”

She didn’t look away; she kept her eyes locked with mine as she walked towards me. Wrapping her arms around my torso quickly and wishing me a safe flight. I promised to call her once I got to Miami, not that she seemed to care.

The flight was a 4-hour flight and it was literally the worst 4 hours I’ve ever been through. I did the only thing I knew, I wrote a song to get rid of the tears and anxiety.

Alice’s POV

I was on my way to the airport when I received a text from Scooter. I opened it up and it was a video with the text:

‘I wouldn’t doubt the love he’s got for you…’ I pressed play on the video and Justin’s angelic voice filled the car. Since my phone was plugged into the speaker system of the car if it all just got more real.

“Just as sure as the stars in the sky, I need you to shine in the light

Not just for the meanwhile, for a long long time. Better believe it.

Whenever you’re not in my presence, it feels like I’m missing my blessings,

So I sleep through the daylight, stay awake all night till you’re back again

You think I’m biased to my significant other,

You hit it right on the head, only been missing my lover.

Got a whole lot of texts in my phone and I don’t reply

The next eight bars tell you why… ” I feel myself tear up and I try to concentrate on the road.

“You’re all that matters to me, yeah yeah,

Ain’t worry about nobody else,

If it ain’t you, I ain’t myself,

You make my complete

You’re all that matters to me….”

With that the video ended, I kept looking at it one too many times. I could see the passion only Justin has, I could hear the pain in the un-plugged version scooter just sent me. I messed up and needed him here, right next to me. Because he was all that mattered to me as well, he had always been. I regretted that I didn’t kiss him goodbye before he left, I hated myself for not talking about our problems instead of just ignoring him. I wanted him. I wanted everything to be okay.

“Hi” Justin said on the other side of the line before I even realized I had called him. “Hello? Alice, babe, are you alright?”

“Hey, yeah I’m alright. I just wanted to say that I’m sorry and that I love you endlessly. I miss you so much Justin!” I could feel the tears threatening to fall once again.

“Aw baby, I miss you too and I really do love you more than life itself! You’re my everything!” My tears ended up being happy-tears instead.

“I heard your new song, did you mean it?”

“Wait, you heard it? I wanted to be the one showing you…” I could hear him sigh and I knew that he had the biggest frown on his face.

“Yeah, scooter sent me a video. I loved it. It made me realize that I made a mistake being a bitch towards you and I’m so sorry. It also made me realize that I really miss you and that I can’t live without you.”

 Justin and I made up, it was all good again and I couldn’t wait for him to get home. The best thing was that I could at least listen to his music until he came back and that made me feel a little better. So that was what I did, I blasted my boyfriend’s music as loud as I could, while singing on the top of my throat while picking up my best friend at the airport. This day had turned out to be so much better than I expected.