NMMTAD- 24

Troy’s P.O.V.

            Home was dark looking even with the lights on. Shadows cast across the lawn, long and dreary. Storm clouds boomed over head and lightning threw little flashes of light to flood what wasn’t in shadow and reveal no wolves in sight.

            “So this is home huh?” Wisty joked trying to lighten the mood as she pulled into the drive. When she parked I could hear them coming. Footsteps rushed to the front door and it was thrown open to reveal Basil and Cypress trailed by various wolves of both packs, no sign of Ash or Daffodil. Basil looked disappointed for a moment before realizing I was in the car. Cypress scowled the moment she noticed me and rushed forward.

            “What did you do to piss off the girl?” Celeste asked a tone of distaste in her voice.

            “That’s one of your granddaughters, Cypress.” I told her opening the car door and hopping out.

            “What in the world are you doing back here you horrid, stupid, fickle little mutt?” She yelled pounding at me with her fists in fury. “You are such a freaking-,” She paused as she was pulled backwards by a wayward branch. “What is that?”  Her legs kicked uselessly and she clawed at the branch. “Basil! Get me down!”

            “She does have an attitude. Gets it from me I bet. Calm down young one or I you won’t get to meet your grandma till you do.” Celeste turned her head to us to whisper, “I detest that word. Who came up with such a thing? Grandma…”

            Cypress froze midair and Basil went pale. “No way,” Cypress muttered. The tree dropped her and returned to its stoic position. Cypress groaned getting up from the ground. “One, I’m not a werewolf. Two, the pea brain actually succeeded?”

            I growled lightly at her making her glare. “You do nothing to me alpha boy.” I returned her glare and she ducked her head. “Bluebell isn’t here.”

            Suddenly the poison seemed like a very welcoming thing. That was an oasis in the desert after a week without water. Poison was a cool lake on a hot day. This was being thrown into the sun and left to burn, forever.

            “She’s gone?” Everything started to seem a lot farther away and out of focus.

            “We think she was kidnapped by the Stone pack. We don’t know for sure. We called Lucas and he said that we should wait till you got back.”

            Kidnapped? So she wasn’t gone, necessarily? “Don’t get your hopes up. She was leaving when she was kidnapped.” Cypress looked like she wanted to punch me but instead raced into the house slamming the door.

            Basil gave me an apologetic look. “She was the last one to talk to Bluebell. It didn’t go well.” He turned to Celeste hesitantly as if she’s bite. “So you’re Grandpa’s mate?”

            “Celeste West, it’s good to finally meet my grandson.” She stepped forward arms extended. I could see her reluctance for contact but she hugged him anyways and he hugged her back shocked. “I thought I had two grandsons though, and an extra granddaughter. Where’s the youngest two?”

            “Ash is retrieving Grandpa, he sort of ran off, of course so did Dad. Daffodil is inside; she’s been spending a lot of time with the other young kids here.” Celeste nodded patting Basil’s shoulder and heading inside not needing a guide apparently. Basil watched her go confused.