NMMTAD- 11

Bluebell’s P.O.V.

(and no it’s not going back to explain what happened before last chapter with Troy)

            I followed Grandpa and Troy as they walked as far from each other as the hallway would allow which was a lot of space considering the size of the hallway. I could practically feel the hate radiating off them and it made me want to slap them both upside the head. If I could speak I’d give them a piece of my mind. I could already do that to Grandpa but it wouldn’t be as satisfying not to be able to scream at him like a normal teenager.

            Troy turned left and I moved ahead of Grandpa throwing back a glare waving my hand to get him to back up a bit. The part of me that said not to resist Troy as my mate made me want to comfort him so I walked beside him. Almost instantly I could tell he was relaxing as his muscles loosened and he sighed like he’d been carrying a heavy load for a long time.

            “You know about mates huh?” I nodded. “You think you have one out there?” I stumbled a bit in my step before shaking my head. “Why not er… because you don’t think you have one?” I shook my head. “You don’t want one?” I nodded. “Why… you don’t believe in love?” I shook my head. “You got your heart broken before?” Another shake though I was forcing back a smile. I kind of liked putting him under pressure like this. I could tell he was trying hard to talk to me. “Look Bluebell I’m-“

            “Bluebell!” Mrs. Quill appeared out of the door right in front of us and pulled me into a tight hug. Troy growled quietly but I could hear it and see his frustration as his mother spoke. “What are you doing here? Oh wait, I’ll get a notepad and a pencil. One minute, my dear.” She looked a little timid looking between Troy and I strangely.

            “You and my mom are getting along well then?” There was unsureness to his voice that made me make the mistake of reaching up to pat his shoulder. Shocks ran through my hand and up my arm making me shudder and take a step away. Troy watched me carefully an unrecognizable emotion shining bright in his eyes.

            I nodded frantically and stepped inside the room. Everything was done in gray and blue stepping away from the traditional white of infirmaries. My eyes searched the room till they landed on Dad in one of the many beds in the huge room. He wasn’t the only one in the room. Other than Mrs. Quill there were several other women all sitting by the beds of men, their mates I’d guess. All the men were injured in some way. There were seven in all some with bandages others with splints, others still with both.

            A pad and pen appeared in front of me as I sat next to Dad who was asleep. I scribbled on the paper for a moment before lifting it up to show Mrs. Quill. What happened to them?

            “The Stone Pack has been crossing onto our territory and attacking wolves. They’re the survivors. Three haven’t made it. They’re so badly injured that they have to stay here until even their advanced healing can heal them.” Mrs. Quill explained. “Your father should be awake soon enough. He hasn’t awoken since… since my husband went insane.”

            “Where is Mr. Quill?” Grandpa asked Mrs. Quill looking ready to rip the man’s head off.

            Mrs. Quill seemed to notice this. “He is thinking through what he did, and he is extremely sorry for attacking your son without thinking. I’m guessing you are Alpha West from the Moon Song Pack.”

            Troy’s head snapped up from looking at the injured wolves to look at my grandpa surprised. “So it’s true? You’re really the alpha of the Moon Song Pack?” What did he think my grandpa was lying when he said he was Alpha of Moon Song earlier?