Chapter 8

"Why won't you go out with me?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Because I said no Joshua!" I exclaimed, turning around abruptly and staring at Joshua.

He began to frown, glaring at me. "You let Glenn take you out on a date."

My face flushed with embarrassment and I turned on my heel, briskly walking down the hallway. "I-I..." I did not! Is what I wanted to say, but he was right. But that didn't mean I was obligated to let him take me on a date too.

Joshua ran in front of me, a cheeky grin on his face as he blocked my path. "You so did, now you have to let me take you on a date. Or else." A devious smirk played on his lips.

"Or else what?" I took a step forwards, crossed my arms and glared up at him. Neither of us broke eye contact with one another, it was like a standoff.

After several moments of anticipation, Joshua's smug voice broke the silence. "I'll tell William."

My eyes widened, I took a step back, backing down. "You wouldn't."

"Try me." He said, before bolting down the hallway, screaming Will's name. I sprinted after him of course, trying to stop him.

Will could not find out about the date. If he did, he would throw a fit. When Glenn and I came back from our date, we simply told him we went out to run some errands, and he was extremely upset. To assure that he wouldn't throw a fit, I had to stay with him for the rest of the day, and not have any contact with Glenn.

Luckily I was able to catch up to Joshua, and tackle him to the ground. "Mercy! Mercy!" He shouted as I sat on his back. I couldn't tell if he was yelling because I was heavy, or because he was scared that I would hurt him.

"I'll go out with you, but you can't tell Will about either date, okay?" I bargained with the troublesome prince.

He glanced back at me, a cocky smirk plastered on that charming face of his. "Great. I promise you won't regret it, but who regrets a date with the great Prince Joshua?"

"I'm already regretting it." I muttered, rolling my eyes so far back I could see my brain. I got off of him, standing, then I held my hand out for him. He took my hand and I pulled him onto his feet with ease.

"You know, you're pretty strong." He commented.

"You have to be when you have two brothers that constantly gang up on you." I stated with a slight shrug.

"I recall you mentioning a twin."

I nodded in response. "Two younger sisters, my twin brother, and an older brother."

Joshua stopped for a moment, just staring at me. He raised a brow slightly, and then looked away. "I see."

"Is something wrong?' I asked.

"No, not at all. I was just wondering what you looked like n—" I slapped him before he could finished his sentence.

"You're a pig." I said, before storming off. Of course Joshua followed, begging for forgiveness and attention.

**

A day before my date with Prince Joshua, I was sitting with Will in his room, I was helping him with his math homework when Glenn suddenly burst into the room. "Angel." He said, causing me to look up abruptly. Will glared at Glenn, turning around in his chair to see his brother better. I stood, Glenn had a serious expression on his face, and I could tell that something was wrong. "We need to talk."