Chapter-9

I roamed around the library for hours picking out any book that caught my interest. After having almost 10 books and being tired of walking I sat in an empty table immediately opening the first book. Nothing. Flip. No. Flip. Nothing. Flip.Nothing. Side. Flip. Flip .Flip. Nothing.Side. This continued for another 5 books. All those books were either religious myths or about gods all over the world. Nothing about a mysterious animal I was looking for.

Picking another book I flipped through it to come with nothing. I sighed in frustration. A hand suddenly touched my shoulder and I jumped from my seat, my butt- not so gracefully- kissing the floor.  I got up quickly and found the person to be an old woman. She had an apologetic smile on her face. "The library is closing soon hun." she said . So it was the librarian. Feeling embarrassed I nodded my head and packed all my things into my bag. I followed the woman to her desk and checked the books while returning the ones that I found useless. I exited the library and reached my bike. Starting the bike I revved it bit just to enjoy its sound. In a second I was on my way home while sun started setting in the horizon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One more.... and done." I relaxed my legs a bit and sat in the baby position before standing up. After drinking a whole bottle of water I sat down on the window and let the cool evening breeze fan my face. I know evening is not the best time for exercising but I didn't have the energy to wake up early in the morning.
After taking a long relaxing shower I sat down on my bed to finish the rest of my homework. Connecting my phone to the cordless speaker I  pressed on the play button on my music. I ain't your mama started blasting through the speakers.
" Wake up, rise and shine, Ah-yeah!
Let's go to work on time, Ah-yeah!
No more playing video games, Ah-yeah!
Things are about to change--"
"I hear, I hear."
I was cut off from singing the song when I heard the last words coming from my bedroom door. I looked up from my homework to notice Julian standing there taping me singing in his phone.
He was smiling from ear to ear and urged me to continue and I continued with the song. I stood on top the bed and shouted " I aint cooking all day, I ain't your mama." ,dancing stupidly as Julian was almost on the floor laughing at me, balancing the phone on his hands until the song ended.
I crashed on the bed and laughed with him, him imitating me in a high pitched voice.
He looked up at me and I knew what he wanted as I picked up my phone and chose another song.
" I've been here all night..."
Julian set up his phone so that it was facing us and climbed up the bed to stand next to me. We were dancing so wild that anyone who would see us right now would mistake us for hungry gorillas.
At this point, I have grown close to Julian and I don't care if he barges in my room in the evening. He comes over whenever he is finished with  his college work. It is him through which I have survived these days. He cooks for me every night. It not my problem that this guy has a great cooking skills. As far as my stomach is fed I don't care about anything else.
And as for my mom, either she is not home or she doesn't care. I know I'm being rude but that's what happens when you leave your child alone for most of the month.
After a while of goofing around with him, I pushed him out of my room so that I could finish my work. I heard dishes clatter faintly and knew that he was making dinner.
I finished my homework in half an hour and placed them in my bag . Walking over to my desk I picked up a book that I had brought from the library a couple of days ago. At this point, I had gone through all of the books but one book held an information that caught my interest. The book was old. It had seen better days. The book was leather bound and had the word myth written in its center with silver ink and thin green tendrils circling the word beautifully. I sat down on the chair and opened the page that I had bookmarked before. The page had pictures on the left.  Huge wolves in fighting stance stood across two people who had their hands outstretched in front of them. I traced my fingers along the picture fascinated by amount of detailing done by the artist. Even the golden smoke glowing around the people were detailed. I moved my eyes to my right to the article.

"A true "werewolf", according to most legends, is a human being that uncontrollably transforms into a wolf during a full moon. The transformed a Shapeshifter Wolf into a Werewolf, effectively taking away the ability to control the shift but also taking away the ability to think as a human while in wolf form. Werewolves, when in wolf form, have uncontrollable rage and hunger. They are driven to kill everyone and everything they encounter, regardless of their relationship as humans. The curse causes these wolves to lose all control of their minds, and when they wake up in human form in the morning, they don't remember anything (though they may revisit certain memories in dreams). It is this form of werewolf that can , assuming of course that the human being bitten survives the attack. " 

I was too shocked to think anything so  I moved my eyes further down to notice the words  'Curse of the Blood Moon'  written in bold letters.

The Curse of the Blood Moon

'Mythical Beasts like the werewolf have  been a common occurrence in the myths and holy scriptures from time immemorial. At first they were said to be the demon or the incarnations of Lucifer and his devils. But after the goddess forgave the sin that they had committed--'

 Squinting my eyes I tried to read the rest of the article but it was proving to be difficult. The ink was smeared in many places making it hard to decipher the sentences. Frustration started to bubble up inside me. When I was so close to something it had to be ruined. At least now I knew something about werewolves. 

Comparing the wolves that I saw in the woods that day to the wolves in the picture, I couldn't exactly say they were same. Yes, they were similar, but not the same. That's what strikes me odd. Those wolves in the woods were nothing compared to this ugly beasts.

Now the main question that came up in my mind was What the hell were those big wolves doing in our woods?

 I got up from the desk and left my room when Julian called me down. Without looking where I was going I started walking straight looking up the internet. That's when a loud bang echoed throughout the living room.