Chapter -8

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."  - Francis of Assisi

I will say no more and make no excuse to my laziness.

Enjoy the song. And that is Neraya's bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I saw when I entered the school making my way towards my locker was a very happy and bubbling Joan. 

"Do you know Tae min?" she asks me with excitement evident in her eyes.

"That Asian boy with black hair and black eyes, right."

"Yes, that's the one. And guess what?He is my partner in a project. Finally I will get to talk to him. You know I was tired of just watching him from a distance. I wanted a conversation to happen between us and I think god listened to me. I am  so happy. W---" 

I lost her after the second sentence. It was hard to catch on what she was saying since she was going all supersonic on me.

"Hold up. You are trying to say that you have a crush on this boy?" I asked as I got the books out of my locker and placed them in my bag.

"Well duh." She said while her cheeks became pink.

"Hmm.. Okay, that's good I guess." was all I said as I didn't know what else I could tell her.

"At least you can fake enthusiasm for me." she said disappointed.

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday?" I asked her dodging the question.

She looked at me with a look that said seriously. "I had called you like 10 times and you didn't pick up. Did you even check for any missed calls?"

I gave her a sheepish look and apologized. I was seriously into this research thing and didn't pay attention to anything else

"Don't worry you are forgiven. But can you really---" and once again she started telling me about Tae and how he was the best guy anyone could have. I had soon zoned it all out. When we reached the door to my classroom I was more than happy to enter it.

"Meet you in the next class I guess." I said this time being over enthusiastic. She sensed it and passed a glare my way. I stuck my tongue out at her and made my way towards my seat. After a few minutes, the history teacher entered the class and the class quieted. For once I was able to push all my thoughts of my past to the back of my mind and concentrate on the present.
~~~~~
I kept my tray on the table where Joanna was currently seated. I was currently in the cafeteria as it was my lunch period.
"So how is your project going on? "I asked her remembering events from this morning.
A faint blush appeared on her cheeks as she replied,"umm. . Nothing much we somewhat introduced ourselves before we started on the project. He is a great guy. Kindness seems to flow in each and every word he says. "
"Guess you were right then."I offered. I didn't want to be the girl who stays silent eating or should I say comping down her food and not paying the least attention to the girl who is talking to her.
"Yeah. I know. I'm so happy I finally got to talk to him. "She said.
I didn't say anything and just smiled at her. There was silence for some time as she was lost in her dream land and me in my thoughts. The library. It was the only thing that was floating in my mind.
"What about you? "She asked suddenly. I pulled out of my thoughts.
"Huh?"
"Did anything exciting happen? "
"No. .."I replayed all the scenes of the previous classes in my head and when I was sure nothing had happened I replied her in negative." I am glad I don't have any combined projects. I prefer working individually." 
"Hmm. ."was all she got to say the bell rang.
We both got up and got rid of the tray before we both parted. I headed towards my next class which was Health. Oh joy. (Note the sarcasm)
I went to my seat and opened my mobile as there was still 5 minutes left until the class started. I quickly sent a text to my mom informing her that I would be home late today as I had to stop at the library. It is not like that she would be home early, I just tend to switch my phone off when I am at the library so as to not get disturbed. At least she will know my whereabouts.
I quickly put my phone inside my bag once the teacher entered the class. I sighed as I got mentally prepared for the boring class.
"So class I hope you all enjoyed the lunch break. You should be more energized after eating so don't even try to sleep during the class or else detention."The teacher started off as she did it every time. It surprisingly made the whole class remain quiet the entire lecture except for, you know, Jake. That asshole.
That's when something striked me. Nicholas was not present in the lunch. But his friends were.It was very unusual of him as he always seems to be around those guys.  I tried hard not to think about it but failed. Even though he was a creepy guy with all those stares that he gives me but there is some voice inside of me that says he isn't what he looks like.
~~~~~
Me and Joanna were currently walking towards our last class P.E. It seems that Joanna had a slight change in her timetable. I wonder why. At least I got a friend with me.
We changed into our P.E. uniform and made our way towards the the gym, opening the doors. The gym was buzzing with the noises as students talked with each other. But one side of the gym was relatively quiet and when I looked at them I noticed they were looking at me, especially Jake. Seriously this guy seems to be everywhere.They all had a smirk planned on their faces and I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes, not so subtly, and glaring in their direction. Joanna noticed this too and told me to ignore it not before passing a deathly look towards them. 
"15 laps around the gym. Starting now."Coach's whistle blared throughout the gym and silenced everyone immediately.I started running the laps with Joanna.
~~~~
I waved Joanna goodbye as I climbed onto my bike and pulled the helmet on. I started it and made my way towards the library which I was waiting to go to for the whole day.
I parked my bike outside the library when I reached there. I kissed my hand and placed it on the bike, out of habit.
Looking at the building, I noticed it was old but was very big with two stories.  I entered the library with nervous steps as I got a feeling that nothing would be the same after I would leave the library.
I made my way inside and roamed around for a bit taking in thousands and thousands of rows of the bookshelves which went high up to  the ceiling .The walls where there were no bookshelves there were many paintings of famous personalities. Soft music filled the air which made me a little calm. I noticed there were quite a few people in here. I made my way towards the Myths section and searched for the book I was looking for. I gasped in surprise when I saw a whole row full of books on myths. I guess there are many unanswered myths in this world than I thought would be possible.
~~~~~