Chapter-5

"Joan, we still have time. I don't want to go to this party." I tried to convince her for the nth time but she didn't even budge from her decision. I guess I have no choice but to go to this party.
"You are coming with me and that is final. Now get your ass out of the bed and wear this dress."she said while handing me a dress.
"No dresses. I am wearing a simple top and jeans."I said with finality in my voice.
"Okay."she sighed in surrender.
I changed into a black skinny jeans and a black tank top over which I wore a hoodie. I know, a lot of black, but I kinda have some obsession with the color. After I changed, Joan looked me up and down with a weird look on her face.
"I'm not gonna say anything." She said while she started making her hair. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and applied eyeliner and a little mascara. Finishing with a lip balm, I sat on the bed and waited for Joan to finish.
After half and hour, which was awfully long, we left the house and into her car as she rode us to the place where the party is. Sitting in the car, I realized I miss my bike so much. It not may be the best bike but I love it with my life. Even a scratch or dent on it would give me a heart attack. I was happy that it would arrive by tomorrow. We made small conversations in between but other than that the car was silent the whole ride to the place.
We reached soon after and got out of the car. The whole house was blasting with loud music coming from inside. I pitied the neighbors that had to endure this torture. I turned to look at Joanna who had a look that said she was comfortable with the piercing sounds produced. Maybe it was normal for her or maybe she partied a lot. But me, I was seconds away from covering my ears with my hands as we walked to the house. I was already flinching from the sound by the time we entered through the door.

"How the hell do you bear this music?"I asked as I dodged people and followed Joanna through the house.

"What?I am sorry, I can't hear you."she shouted. I was going to say it again but thought it was useless.

"Nothing."

I turned my head to observe my surrounding and sure enough there were more than many people present here than the house could accommodate. It explains the suffocating atmosphere. For a while I was just following Joanna around the house as she met a few people. At some point of time she introduced me to Noah. He seemed to be a nice guy both by looks and manners. We went into the kitchen as these guys wanted to drink. Joanna held a glass of beer towards me and I politely refused. Never ever in my life would I touch drinks. After a couple of hours into the party it was getting too stuffy and suffocating in the kitchen. I went outside the kitchen and into the garden through the back door after informing her.

A gust of cold wind blew past me and my body shivered a bit. It was a good change compared to the hot temperature inside. It was already night. I looked around to find a place to sit.I found a hammock.I made my towards it and sat on it. I started swinging it gently and closed my eyes as I turned my head towards the sky. A few minutes passed by in silence when I felt the hammock stop a little and someone sitting on it.

I turned towards my left and gasped in surprise when I saw none other than Ted sitting beside me. He wasn't facing me but I could tell that he was nervous.
It was getting awkward .I moved my head and stared straight ahead. A couple of minutes passed by in silence. None of us new what to talk. Thinking back it seems weird that in olden times this would only be a situation when we used to fight. Now we don't even talk. He then decided to speak up and muttered a little awkward,"Hey..."
"hey" I said back with the same awkward tone. He sighed and lifted up his head from where he was staring at the ground. We both were expecting the other to say something.
"Can we just cut this out. Its making me tired." There was a kind of irritate tone to his voice. It was getting on my nerves.
"If its irritating you that much, why bother and talk to me?" I asked in a calm yet firm tone.
"Why are you talking like this. First you leave me alone without even saying a goodbye and then when I try and talk to you to patch things up, you have to make this difficult?" He told with his voice a little bit on edge.

"It's not my fault. You--"
"Now you blame it on me? One day I came to your house to hang out with you just to find the whole house empty with not even a single being inside,is my fault. You going where ever the hell you went without saying anything to anyone, not even to your Bff, was my fault? You don't know how worried I was. I checked everywhere. By everywhere I mean everywhere." He had risen by now and I could see the anger flashing in his eyes.
"I tried calling you, but every time your phone was either busy or dead. I left you a note too near the tree that we usually meet at hoping you would find it. I didn't stop at that I tried calling your home but I couldn't talk to you since you were never available at home. Now tell me how was I supposed to contact you when I couldnt." A tear fell out of my eye and I quickly wiped it.
To say he was shocked was to put it mildly. "But I didn't find any note near the tree."he whispered softly.
"Did you check it properly? Did you check the back of the tree?" I asked him.
"No.. I was worried so much that I didn't search it properly. I'm sorry." He said in a whisper and sat down on the hammock with his eyes on the ground.
"It's okay.." I sighed as I sat down beside him.
"It is my fault too that i didn't say goodbye to you."
"Well, what happened?" He asked finally looking at me.
"The day before I left, my mom told me that her boss had transferred her job in Boston and she had to shift there. She didn't know for how much time she would be there so she took me with her. At first I argued with her, but nonetheless had to give in as she was my only family. That day I was busy with the packaging so I couldn't inform you. As soon I was free in the night I tried to ring you up but you wouldn't pick up. So I went to tree and stuck the note." I explained to him.
"I guess it was hard for you too. Sorry for shouting earlier. I was just angry. And I needed to release it from the past two years."
"Yeah. It's okay. Forget it now. It's in the past. By the way you sure have changed a lot." I told him gesturing to his body which has lost all the fat. You see he was a healthy kid back in old days.
He blushed a little."Well after you left I got alone and I realized that I didn't have you to support me from the bullying, so I thought of improving myself and I started working out."
I raised an eyebrow." My absence sure helped you."
"No, it did not. In fact I was alone without any friend for a long time." He said trying to convince me.
I snorted. "And when did you start dating Candice and befriend the popular crowd." I said.
" umm. It was after 2 months that you left. You still don't like them do you?" He said with a small knowing smile.
"No." I answered while a smile made its way on my face.
"So..."
We talked for a while trying to catch up for those 2 years I was away. We sort of were friends again though not best friends as there was still a little awkwardness between us, but all is well that ends well. At least I got to remove the guilt that I was carrying these years of leaving without telling him.
~~~~~~~~
"Can you see her?" I asked Ted as we were inside the party searching for Joanna.
"There she is." He said while sighing in relief. I turned to the place where he pointed and found her on the couch talking with some guy. More like flirting.
"Umm, Neraya I have to go. Do you mind?" He asked.
"No." I shaked my head to tell him. We both exchanged goodbyes and I made my way towards Joan. Seeing that she was busy I decided to sit on a sofa for sometime until she was ready to go home. I texted my mom about my whereabouts and started fiddling with my phone.
Getting bored I roamed my eyes around the room. Sensing that I was being watched, I turned around and found Mr. Creep staring at me with unreadable expression. Yeah, it was Nicholas. It looked like he was controlling his anger. What was the problem with this guy. He was standing with a group of guys with drinks in his hand. He was wearing a red button down shirt with black jeans. In response I too stared at him but my stare was a little close to a glare. His eyes narrowed and he turned his head towards one of his friend.
I felt someone shaking me. Joan.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Nothing. Is it okay if we go home now?" She asked with a hint of hesitation like she would expect me to refuse. Like I ever will.
"Yeah we should. Come on." I said with a lot of enthusiasm that she looked at me and asked, "You didn't like the party, did you?"
"No. I told you I don't like partying."
"I am sorry. I thought you would like it once you came here.." she trailed off looking sorry.
"Its okay. At least I got an old friend back." I said, remembering my talk with Ted earlier.
She didn't say anything about it which I was thankful for but soon she turned into her self as she started talking about her time in the party.

"Bye Joanna and thank you for today." I said as I got out of the car.
"Anytime girl. Bye." She said with a small smile as she drove off.
I turned and made my way into he house. It has been a long day and I was tired to the hell. I went to my room after bidding my mom goodnight on the way and changed into my pjs as I didn't have the energy to shower. I plopped on the bed and soon dozed off into sleep.
--------------
A/n
Hey guys another chapter. Hope you like it. This chapter is dedicated to Tanisha _ 94 for being a lovely fan. Please guys don't be a silent reader. Vote and Comment. It matters a lot. Love you all...
Enjoy.