• Chapter-1 •

Thanks for the vote and comments.
The man from the prologue is on the side.>>>
~~~~~
"Ouch."

I moved away from the person who stepped on my foot and tried to ignore the pain rushing up my legs. The box was getting too heavy for me to put it down and pick it up again, so I rushed into the house without seeing the person who stepped on my feet.

After few minutes of rest, I continued to carry the rest of the boxes into the house. "Huh!" I sighed in relief as I brought the last box inside the house. I plopped on the couch just as my mom was entering the house. She had a blank expression on her face ,which meant only one thing.
"Honey, I'm sorry but I have to go. The clinic wants to meet me to make some arrangements. I might not be home until night. "

"When are you even home?" I muttered with a sigh.

"This is my work honey. I have to go-"

"You are rarely home after dad-"

"Not this again. I don't want to be late. You can have dinner from outside. The money is on the table.Love you.Bye." She said as she left.

I stood up to go to my bedroom when I realized that I have yet to unpack the boxes and my school is starting the day after tomorrow. Although I am going to the same school I went before moving out, I am not ready to step in that school once again. I didn't know if Ted still goes to the same school. I don't even think anyone remembers me anymore.

Ted was my best friend for nearly 5 years of my life while I was here. We were inseparable . No one could talk bull about one without getting in a fight with the other.

The only problem-or in this case-fact was that Ted wanted to fit in with the popular crowd. Which is soleley because Candice was one of them. She was his long time crush. I had nothing against him making more friends other than me, what I didn't like was  his idea to befriend the 'popular' crowd which contained some (all)douche bags and I didn't want him to get hurt. I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous and insecure at that time. Thinking about it now makes it seem stupid. I wonder if he ever had a chance to confess to her.

A loud growl from my stomach brought me out of my thoughts.I dialed the number and ordered pizza from the nearest restaurant. After a good 15-20 minutes had passed I heard my doorbell ring. I switched on the TV as soon as I paid for it and plopped on the couch. I flipped through the channels until I agreed on one.

After eating and disposing the trash, I went to my room and slept all my tiredness away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SHUT UP!!" I shouted to the blaring sound of the alarm sounding in the background. I moved my arms in front of me in search of the stupid alarm to shut it off.

"UGH" I sighed, irritated. I wont be able to sleep any soon now that my sleep is disturbed. I got up from the bed reluctantly and went into the bathroom to clean up. I tried to remove as much knots from my hair after seeing my cringing appearance in the mirror. After brushing my teeth and showering I threw on black jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Coming out of my room and taking the stairs down to the living room.

"MO---" I stopped myself from calling her when I noticed a note sitting on the coffee table.

"Sorry baby, I got called in again for some paper-works that were left. I would be home by noon. You would have to eat cornflakes as the food is still not stocked up. Please stop by a grocery store and buy the necessary supplies. The money is kept on the table.Thank you. Love, mom." read the note. I noticed a few dollar bills on table. I looked at the watch noticing that it was nearly 9:30 a.m.

"Looks like i'm going shopping." I muttered under my breath. After pulling on a converse, I came out of the house with the keys. While checking the door to confirm if its locked, I noticed a boy watering the plants in the house next to mine. He was good-looking. Very good-looking indeed. A blush was forming on my cheeks when I realized that I was indeed checking him out. I looked up to see him grinning at me. Looks like I'm caught.

"Hey" he called out to me.

"Hello" I replied.

" You must be the one who moved here yesterday, right?"he asked after turning the water off and started walking in my direction.

"Yes."

"I'm Julian Castler " he said while bringing his hand up  for a shake.

"And I am Neraya Drake." I told as I shook his hand.

"Are you going anywhere now." He asked looking back at the locked door.

No I just came out to check the weather.

" Yes. Just shopping for some supplies." 

"Oh. Do you need some help?"

"No, it's ok . I'll be fine by myself."

"Fine. But don't hesitate to ask me anything if you need help."

"I won't. Thank you" I said and started walking towards the market.

Yes, You heard me right. I am walking to the market which is at least a good mile far. It is not that easy to get a cab over here. Hopefully I get a cab while coming home.

~~~~~~~~

"Here let me take it." Julian said, taking three bags from my hand and moving towards my house. He insisted on helping me getting it in the house. How he knew I returned from shopping was out of my knowledge. Although there were only 4 bags he ignored all my protests. I removed keys out of my pant pockets and unlocked the front door.

"You can keep the bags on the counter." I said to him as we entered the kitchen.

"hmph." He muttered. 

"Why did you shift here." He asked after sometime when we were putting all the things in their places."Not to be rude or anything, I'm just curios." 

"I used to live here before I shifted to Boston because of my mom's job. Her work there was finished so we moved here again."

"Ohh."

"What about you? When did you shift here?"

"I have been here for a year. I shifted here for my college."

"Ohh. How old are you."

"20. And you?"

"16 but I'll be 17 in a month."

"Oh. Cool."

That was how our conversation went after which we pretty much talked only for the placements of the groceries.

"Huh. Thank you very much Julian."

"Don't mention it. Do you need any help with those boxes.?"

" umm.. no its ok you already  helped me so much. I'll be fine with it."

"OK just give me a call if you need any help. I'll be just next door."

"Thank you."

"No problem. I should be going now. Bye."

"Bye."

I closed the door after he went through it and heaved a sigh when I saw the loads of the boxes yet to be unpacked in front of me.

"Get to work Neraya. " I muttered to myself while getting to work.

Let's see how much time it takes me to settle everything. It's roughly 11 now and mom should be home in an hour or so.

For now. Work.