Chapter-7

I started panicking when I saw 3 dirty wolves advancing towards us. I turned towards the wolf on my side when I saw its eyes. It felt like the wolf was telling me to run . And I did the only thing I could. I turned my back and ran like I was on fire but not before looking at the wolf for the last time. Something told me that I would meet it again. 

I came out of the woods and noticed the sun was setting. I hopped on bike and started it, putting the helmet on.I dashed down the road with adrenaline pumping in my veins as I replayed the events that took place. There was no way in hell those.... creatures...could be normal wolves. There is something more to it than the eyes can see. "I will not let it go till I get some answers." I swore to myself with resolve.

~~~~~

To say that I got a nice sound sleep that day was an understatement. I was up all night as curiosity got the best of me. After a couple of hours of staring at the ceiling for nothing, I got out of my bed and sat on a chair near my desk and switched my laptop on. I searched all night but I didn't get to know anything about it. There were many sightings of wolves like the one I saw but that was it. There was nothing more to it. Just that. It was a little skeptical that there was no information about it.There were many cases filed for the same but all those were closed as the officers claimed it was a normal wolf or one's delusion and nothing more.

I went to sleep with disappointment welling inside me. The next day too I spent in researching. When I talked with my mother about it over dinner  she went still but replied that she was unaware about it and knowing me too well she warned me not to go deep into this subject.

The school was the same everyday. I completed all my homework first before going into my research to be away from my mom's scoldings. She is always worried about my studies to see that I do not fail in any school related work. Typical moms.

I was currently sitting in front of my laptop staring at screen which was displaying hundreds of results from my search that I had already gone through before. That is when something striked  my mind. I quickly typed it and got millions of results.

'Werewolves: mythology and origin'

I clicked the title and got into a site of a library. Apparently this library was old and contained all the records of old times with answers of many myths. I copied its address on a piece of paper and kept it inside my backpack. I would visit this library after my school ends, I thought. With this I shut my laptop and went to bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~'

"Hun wake up its time to go to school." mom shouted from downstairs, probably the kitchen.

"5 mins more mom,please." I muttered weakly while bringing the covers up to my head and rolling on the other side. I was suddenly yanked out of the bed as my mom thrust me towards the bathroom. Rather forcefully might I add.

"You ain't got a whole year to get ready young lady." She said from my room as I shut the bathroom door.

"Like I would get that much time to even breathe." I said to the mirror while brushing my teeth. I tried hard not to fall asleep and bang my head on the counter. I soon showered and got dressed as I entered my room and took my backpack. I went down into the kitchen and sat on the chair instantly diving into the breakfast mom made.

"Slow down honey. You would choke on it if you would go at this rate." she said with concern.

"No way mom." i said or thought it was what I said while eating. I passed her a triumphant look after I completed my food. She smiled and shook her head. It was good to see her smile again. At least she was a little happy even it was from a little thing.It mattered. I wondered if mom ever got over father's death. I willed myself to not tear up as I thought about him.

"Hahaha yeah you are right." I laughed at what my friend said. I was at the cafe hanging out with my friends after school. It has been our tradition to come to this cafe once every week since it was where we all bonded. We all means me, Adrian, Claire and Zack. 

We spent some more time in the cafe when my phone started ringing. I attended the call to hear a very frantic mom.

"What happened mom?" I exclaimed into the phone worry evident in my voice. She never sounded like this except when her mobile went missing, only to be found in her purse.

I would have sounded very worried as all my friends stopped talking and looked at me.

"I--It's ab-about Da-Dad..." her voice broke in the end. I was starting to fret by now, but I held it in for now.

"What happened mom, MOM?" I screamed into the phone when she didn't reply. I now had the attention of some people around my table.

"Come home.... fast.." That was all she said before she hung up.

I packed all my things and started getting up when I was stopped by my friends. 

"What happened?" Adrian asked. 

"I don't know. Mom sounded like she would break down any minute.She said something happened to Dad." I willed the tears to not fall. Seeing this Adrian got up.

"We are coming with you." he said. They all got up. I didn't wait to argue and started making my way out the cafe. I wanted to be in my house and fast. We all piled into Zack's car and he started driving to my house. 

I barged into my house when I reached there. I found my mom on the floor inside the living room. 

"Mom I'm home." I shouted as I made my way towards her. That's when I noticed it and froze, rooted to my spot. Rather him. My dad. He was lying on the couch. Lifeless. His face was pale. I let out a gasp in shock and so did my friends. I all but ran towards him and shook him.

"DAD get up. Look at me, Dad... please look at me." i broke down into a sob as I laid my head on his chest. This cannot happen . I hugged my mom who was crying all her life out on the floor.

"What happened to him?" I asked her.

She was a little unsure like she was battling with something on the inside, "He crashed into a car while he drove towards home from the office." she said but I didn't miss the guilt that she held. I let it slide as I couldn't think about that much as the thought of dad dead made me move towards him and forget it. I noticed slashes and wounds on my father's head and stomach. There was gashes all over his body. His dress was soaked in his blood.

 I again broke into a sob as Adrian hugged me. Soon Claire and Zack joined and didn't utter a single word. Silence said it all loud and clear. Everyone was shaken to the core. I could not believe my dad was no more. I loved him more than anything. I looked towards my mom to see her sobbing in dad's chest. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him properly.

Even though 2 years had passed after his death, I could never get over his death. I parked my bike in the garage of the school and got off. I wiped the stray tears that fell down my face. When I entered the school and made my way towards the locker I was surprised. I did not expect this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. I was too lazy to right this chapter soon so I wasn't able to update. But I completed this draft today and published it. Hope you like it. 

Enjoy the song above. Until then,

VOTE

COMMENT 

AND CONTINUE READING