Chapter 8

"Come in." I say taking a step back.

"Okay." He comes in and I lock the door behind him. He stands there for a bit. "Umm,Ali-"

I cut him off, "Hey, I found a box of my old stuff in the attic. I was hoping you would look through it with me."

"Yea of course." He pauses,"Show me the way." At first I hesitate to grab his hand,but I did anyway. I led him up the stairs,past my room, and into another room. There was a string to pull down that brought down the fold in ladder. After I pulled the ladder down, I let go of his hand and started to climb up to the attic.

I waited for Miles to climb up before sliding the box next to the chair. "Sit." I instructed him.

"No, you can have the chair." He said. Ugh, he is making this harder then it should be.

"Sit!" I say more demanding. Instead of arguing he sits in the chair. Good. "You can start looking through the box."

"Okay." He says and reaches for the box. While he is looking through the box I go get us some water. In his I put two teaspoons of instant sleeping powder, we got it when Mom wasn't able to sleep through the night.

When I get up to the attic Miles is still sitting in the chair,looking through the box. Through some papers I recognize as letters from my dad. "He use to go on away on long business trips. This was his way of keeping in touch." I say handing him the special water bottle.

"Who? And thanks." He says as he grabs the water.

"My Dad. He always thought calling was like alien tech."

"Oh." He opens the water bottle and takes a drink. He puts the cap on. I watch him. Slowly closing his eyes he drops the water bottle, then slips into sleep.

I only have a couple minutes before he wakes up. So being as careful as I can, I tie him to the chair.

When I get done I sit back and wait. A couple minutes later Miles wakes up.

----------------------------AUTHORS NOTE --------------------------

Hey my lovely llamas I'm sorry it is taking me long to update. I wasn't writing every day so I didn't have anything to put. Then this week I went to camp and I got to work on it there when I had some free time. I will hopefully be able to update regularly for now on. Thank you for waiting. I hope you like the rest of the book.
Stay lovely llamas

-random girl