chapter 6

In the morning, I wake Miles upon and make breakfast. Miles eats it without a question. We head to school the same way we did yesterday.

- lunch -

At lunch I sit down and start to eat. When I look at the door, I see Miles and a girl walk in, they are holding hands. Slowly I realise that she is his girlfriend... They are walking towards me.. I will have to conceal my feelings.

"Hey Alice." Miles says." This is Claire Snowcandle. She is my girlfriend." Miles is watching my face. I get up and shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I say. All of a sudden my breathes become quicker and short. Oh,no I can not be having a panic attack now.

I start breathing heavily. The room starts to spin. I fall to the ground even though I was trying to sit back at the table. Though I can barely hear, there is a loud ringing in my ear, I manage to make out the words," What's happening, Alice? "

I whisper," Panic attack. " Weather or noir he heard me I don't know. I can barely see Miles when he leaves, he is running. All I see are blurs as people surround me. Soon after I see the crowd split and a person in white comes running to me, the school nurse.

She asks me," Can you walk?" Without me answering she tries to lift me to my feet,but my body is as limp as a dead body.

Miles comes over to help the nurse help me up. The sides of my vision is black. Miles then puts me on his shoulder. The last thing I remember is arriving at the nurse's office.

- half an hour later -

When I wake up I see Miles and Claire sitting with the principal. It looks like they are getting asked questions. I look around the room to see Mom and Robert. I sit up. Miles is the first one to notice. He gets up and walks over to me. "Are you OK?"

"Why do you care?" I snap at him. His feelings look hurt.

"Because I care about you,you are my friend." Miles says. My turn for my feelings to be hurt. Apparently what went on in my bedroom meant nothing to him...or the kiss.

My mother steps in," She's fine. It was just a panic attack." She turns to the principal, "I have to go now." She leavers without telling me bye or if she is going to be home.

"Alice, are you OK?" The principal asks me.

"Fine." I say flatly.

"OK, well off you are too class."

I walk out of the room with Miles and Claire behind me.