chapter 2

Once I get home, I go upstairs and start to draw again. I then remember Miles. I flipped open to the drawing. He had written his phone number and a note that said, This is my favorite drawing and call me at 8:00pm (I'll be in my pj's ;))
After I read that I go downstairs and say hello to Mom.
"Hey, sweetie, how are you doing?" She asks me. The reason we moved is because of my Dads death. He died in a car crash two weeks before we moved.
"I'm OK...I guess. How are you?" I ask her.
"I'm good... We need to talk." She says.
My anxiety levels rise as I hastily say," What's on your mind, Mother?"
"Well, Alice, I've got a date tonight."
"What?! Dad just died and you are already trying to replace him?"
"No! Of course I'm not trying to replace your Father. He will never be replaceable. I'm just moving on like your Father would want me to... I made you dinner. I have to go get ready." She pauses before she leaves, like she is expecting me to say something, then she walks up to her room.
How does she know Dad would want her to move on so quickly? I take a couple bites of the food Mom made me. I get up and grab my phone and then head upstairs. I start to draw. Without know I draw Miles' last name in bubble letter with a heart around it. I rip the page out and crumple it, then throw it away in the trash.
I look at the clock, it reads 7:58pm. I flip to the drawing of the anime people. I type the number in that Miles put. It rings...beep...beep...beep...beep. I'm about to hang up when some one picks up.
"Hello?" They say.
"Hi, is Miles there?" I ask. I look up at the clock again as i wait for a reply. It reads 8:00pm exactly.
"Yea, he's here. Who is this?" The voice is ruff sounding.
"This is Alice Cooper."
"One second." They put the phone down and yell for Miles.
I hear thudding, feet,then Miles picks up the phone. Out of breath he says, " I was beginning to think you wouldn't call."
"I was waiting 'till 8:00 liked you said."
"I know." He chuckles,"Can I come over and spend the night? Please, my dad is drunk and he is abusive when he's drunk."
"Sure, my mom isn't hone." I regret saying that.
"OK...I will be over in a bit." He hangs up.
After about five minutes I hear a knock on the door. I open it and let Miles in. I'm so nervous.
"Hey." He says. Though he tried hiding it, I can still see that there is a bruise on his eye. Miles continues," Can we go to your room?"
Before I know what I'm saying I say,"Sure." I lead him up the stairs and into my room. When we get in he closes the door, I gulp.
"I can't go back." He says as he sits on my bed.
"Why?" I ask sitting in the chair.
"He punched me in the face." Miles touches his eye. I don't say anything I just get up and sit next to him and hug him. "Where is your dad?" He asks me.
"He died in a car crash three weeks ago." I say almost in tears.
"We moved because my mom couldn't stay in the house anymore." Its then that light tears start to fall down my cheek. He's looking at me. Miles takes my arm off of him and pulls me close to him.
"I'm so sorry." He looks down at me. I'm cuddled up to his chest as he hugs me...it feels good...
I stand up and so does Miles. I head towards the door but Miles grabs my arm,playfully, and pushes me to the other side of the room. I start to jog to get to the door but Miles locks it. I gulp again. I'm pretty sure this isn't how its suppose to be.
He smiles and grabs my shoulders,it still doesn't hurt. Miles pushes me down on the bed,this feels really wrong but I kinda like it.. Miles pins me down, this feels really good... Why do I like this so much? He leans forward and kisses my forehead. Miles then then turns sideways so only part of our stomachs line up. He then lays on me!!
"What are you doing? Get off of me!" I say laughing.
"I'm comforting you,silly. It feels nice." He replies. Miles is right though it does feel nice.
"How is this comforting?" I ask smiling. It is really relaxing... Oh my gosh what am I writing?
"Cause it is." He looks at me and laughs. Then proceeds to get up. I wish he didn't...
"Umm," I look at the clock, 9:00pm.
"What?" He looks worried.
"I kinda don't tell my mom you were coming over.. So you're going to have to hide in my room 'til she goes to bed."
"That's OK... I like it in here."
I hear a door slam. "I have to go." I rush downstairs to see my mother standing with a guy. I furrow my eyebrows. "Mother? Who is this?" I ask, my anxiety levels go up as I think about it.
"This is Robert. He was my date." Her words are slurred. She is drunk.
"What is he doing here?"
She beckons me over, I roll my eyes,and I walk over to her. She whispers loudly in my ear,"I'm going to have sex with him." She smiles.
"No,you're not. You're drunk." I turn to Robert,"Go home." He walks out the door without a word.
"Why did you go that?!" She yelled. She hasn't yelled at me in a long time.
"Because you're drunk!" I yell back.
" I am a grown women, I can do whatever the hell I want to!" She swore. I've never heard her swear before. Before I can say another word she smacks me across the face and walks out the door. Rubbing my face I look out the window to see her getting into a car... Sometimes I think she is the teenager.