Realization

"I had a lot of fun today." I say as we pull up to my house.

"Me too. Um... I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again sometime?" He smiled sheepishly

"Definitely"

"So um I guess I should start going."

"Oh okay then." As I'm about to push the door open to step out he grabs my arm and pulled me towards him. His lips softly connect with mine and I smile against them. I climb over the console to get a better position in his lap and deepen the kiss only for a loud knock on the window to scare us apart. I jump  away hitting my back against the car horn causing a loud honk.

The knock on the window continued, louder this time. I looked over to find Aria's worried face plastered on the window. I get off of Nathan's lap to roll the window down. Awkward much?

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"Mummy is waking up and I think she going to be really angry if she finds you in a boy's car." Her face gets sadder as she probably thinks about what would come about this situation if our mum found out.

"Nathan I have to go. I'll call you when I can okay?" I said turning to him.

"Sure, be safe." I send him a reassuring smile and step out from the car. As soon as Nathan is out of sight my mum steps out from the house. I wonder if she was actually waiting for Nathan to leave or if it was just really good timing. Her eyes were so bloodshot I wondered if she could actually see.

"SANG IN THE HOUSE NOW!" Without a word I grabbed Aria's little hand and lead her inside.

"Go up to your room now sweetie, I'm coming." I whispered to her.

"Are you sure?" Aria asked, her voice tiny.

"I promi—"

"SANG!" Her mum yelled from behind her

"Go. Quick." I turned Aria's body away from me and pushed her towards her room.

"SANG, I WON'T CALL YOU AGAIN!" My mum yelled again. What's wrong with her? I followed her voice to find her sprawled out on the couch.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Where did you go?"

"Out." I replied curtly. Why did she always have to ask that? It's not like I didn't eventually come home.

"When did you leave?" What's with the questions? She usually just got to the point and punished me.

"A while ago. Why do you keep asking me all these questions?"

"Cause I'm your mother and I would like to know the whereabouts of my daughter. Is it such a crime?" I can't believe she was saying this.

"You're asking because you actually decided to act like an actual mother or you're looking for a reason to hit me?"

"Since when didn't I ever care?" This was unbelievable. Maybe she hit her head at some point during her drunken state and this was the aftermath of it.

"Since forever. Since dad left and you started drowning your sorrows in liquor bottles! You became selfish and forgot that you had two daughters that you had to take care of. I had to step up and take care of all of us. There's only so much I could do for you." I could feel the tears threatening to fall but I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction.

"Can I go to my room now?" I need to get out of there. She didn't seem to hear me cause she didn't respond so I walked out.