Side Story 3

"Ehh?"

Asuka groaned in frustration.
It was a beautiful morning for the fifth grader not until she reached school.

"What? Asuka is the only one in a different class?"

Hiro mouthed out his thoughts after looking at the class list in front of them.

"....unfair..."

Asuka muttered making her friends turn to face her.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

Hanami asked, since Asuka muttered in a barely audible voice, it is understandable for Hanami and the others for not being able to hear what she muttered.

"I said its unfair!"

Asuka shouted causing her friends and other kids to be surprised. Tears filled Asuka's eyes, mind full of thoughts such as 'Why am I the only one who changed class?' and the whatnot.

Not voicing out her innermost thoughts, she ran away from the board where the class list are and just ran aimlessly away from the other kids.

A few minutes later and class started. The place was cleared and no students could be found roaming around since they're all in their respective classes... Well, not all...

Asuka hid behind the stairs where a gap was located, sobbing not so loudly but in moderation where when you happen to pass by the stairs, you would be able to hear it.

Why this is a great place to hide and cry is because most of the kids would get scared when they suddenly hear someone crying at a dark corner behind the stairs, so they wouldn't really go near it, unless they're brave enough.... Or acting brave enough.

All students should already be in their respective classes yet one was seen roaming around the campus undetected, a little girl the same age as Asuka.

Walking aimlessly back and forth, she passed by the so called haunted stairs and heard the horrifying sobs. Well, she didn't really find it scary since she's used to dark places.

She went near the gap and there encountered a beautiful girl with face red because of crying too much with the side of her cheeks wet in tears.

At first, you'd think that she would comfort or ask the crying girl what the problem is but if you did thought so, then you are very wrong.

"I'm lost."

"Ah?"

Asuka questioned what the girl had just said, thinking that Asuka didn't fully understand, she made it clearer.

"Where's class 5-B?"

It left Asuka speechless, no one treated her this way once. Every time she cried, there would always be someone who would comfort her, but what just happened greatly shocked her.

"Like I care if you're lost or something!!!"

Asuka got mad because of the unexpected event that had just happened and turned away from the lost girl.

A few seconds, maybe a four to eight have passed, and Asuka felt a heavy, warm yet comforting object above her head.

It was the hand of the lost girl patting Asuka.

"....what're you doing?"

Asked Asuka. No doubt does she feel rather very comfortable with the lost stranger patting her head yet she still asked due to curiosity.

"I'm making you feel better."

"Why do you care?"

"Even though I don't know you, I would help you whenever something bad happens to you."

"But you didn't comfort me earlier and just asked for directions."

"I prefer to show it to people in action rather than saying it myself."

Asuka understood what the lost girl meant, it meant that she wasn't good with words so she'll do her best into doing what she wants to be said rather than just using words.

The girl stopped petting Asuka's head and held her hand out for Asuka to use as a support to stand up.

"Then, can you show me the way to class 5-B?"

Asuka squinted her eyes in a dubious manner, wiped her face drenched in tears and held the girl's hand accepting her support to standing up.

"That really was your plan huh..."

"Yup"

Asuka sighed at the girl's honesty. Shook her head and began walking.

"Be thankful that I know where the class is since were in the same class"

"We are? Then why aren't you in class?"

"Just...... Something"

The girl nodded not asking any further questions.

"I'm Youko by the way, Youko Kamiyama. You?"

Asuka smiled and faced the girl named Youko while still walking.

"Asuka Tendouji"

It was then when Asuka and Youko first met each other.

---
A.N: School is stressful as heck! Tried to update this chapter but the next chapter won't be so soon, rather, it might take quite a while because of all assignments and stuffs. Pardon me for that, thanks for still reading my book :)